What is this ? And what can I do to get rid ? Itchy think skaplt

We would only be able to guess from a photo, the best thing to do is to see a dermatologist a.s.a.p.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

4 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

I agree, looks like seb derm. Nizoral and coal tar shampoo should help. Is your scalp greasy?

Thabks for reply , yes I ever noticed as when I wash I’m quite soft , but it feels like it’s got build up all over like I can scratch it and have something on my nails if that makes sense lol

Darren,

Gillenator is right.   Since we are not medical professionals we can really just guess what you may be experiencing.  Plus, the photo only shows one small concentrated Area of the scalp and while the hair seems pretty clear, what appears to be a light brown discoloration on the scalp is on the blurry side.

that said, below is a URL that lists several various scalp conditions, what they are and how they can be treated. I’m not suggesting that you diagnose yourself however, this wouldn’t be a bad start and then I suggest visiting a dermatologist ASAP.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/scalp-conditions

Note to Melvin - I don’t believe there is any promotional content in the above link but if you find something that warrants the removal of the link, please go ahead and do so. I’m only toasting the above to try to point out various conditions that he may or may not be experiencing.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.