how long until I'm hatless?

I think yo are on the right track here. Looks like feller removed the godawful LOW temple closure.

Lets see. . .Low yield fue. Check. Super low temple closure. Check. I think I know who your previous doctor was. Was this a "non-surgical" procedure by chance?

Hey John. I understand exactly what you're going through. Check out my weblog. I was kind of freaking out between the 3 and 5 - 6 month mark myself. I didn't stop wearing a hat full time for about 6 months. It was a rough time. Based on the pics you uploaded, I think you're going to have excellent results. The waiting is rough but it will be worth it in the end. Take care. It's all going to work out.

John, i feel your frustration and hope things improve.

You mentioned your first HT was June 08 and you're now 5.5 months post 2nd HT. Which basically means you had the 2nd HT around March 09.

Was it not an issue that you only had around 8 months growing time from the 1st HT before embarking on a 2nd one?

Was 8mths sufficient for the nerve damage to heal completely, before operating on the same area again, considering it normally takes at least 12months for grafted hair to fully grow and heal.

I guess you should be a little patient since the area has subjected to 2 operations within a shortish period and a bit more healing time then normal should be expected.

hey spex,

When asking how my grafts have healed, if you are referring to scarring, then they healed fine. I'm just not sure if some grew back or if a few were missed, which the doc DID point out to me. I think I was honest in my response when someone questioned Feller's ethics on doing my second HT when I said, "things look alot better than they actually are in pics". That is the exact same reason that I have not posted to date pics yet, because people will say things look fine. Things will be fine with me when I can go outside without a hat and not have people who know me ask, "what happened to your hair? or people I don't know stare. That is the reality and no amount of arguing for or against Ht's will change this. Another reason I'm so concerned is because I had my HT with feller 9 mos post op from my first procedure, my consult with Feller was 8 mos post op from my first procedure. It just angers me, because the only reason I want to see signigicant results at 8 mos is because that is when my first Ht was judged by Dr. Feller. Who knows? I'm only 5.5 months, maybe in 2.5 months, my hair will look great, but if it does not or gives no inclination of getting better(new hair popping through the scalp) then I feel this is the time to judge Feller's work. This was when he judged the First Ht. And I'm really wondering would I have had more growth from my first Ht? If I see any difference from March of 2009, Is this from Feller's work, or is it simply the first HT matureing. Spex, you are the one that really has me questioning if I would have saw any improvement from my first HT. As you keep touting you can't make any judgement on a Ht until a minimum of 13 mos. Do you understand my reasoning? Maybe, I'm missing something as I'm not an expert on Ht's like you are, but you need to understand when I made the decision to have a HT, it was not to have an anatomy lesson--it was to look better. I ,foolishly, thought this complicated process had more to do with the doctor's skill than with my X factor. I really believed that is why the docs were making over 1,800 dollars an hour. Stupid me!

Originally posted by baqu:

John, i feel your frustration and hope things improve.

You mentioned your first HT was June 08 and you're now 5.5 months post 2nd HT. Which basically means you had the 2nd HT around March 09

Was it not an issue that you only had around 8 months growing time from the 1st HT before embarking on a 2nd one?

Was 8mths sufficient for the nerve damage to heal completely, before operating on the same area again, considering it normally takes at least 12months for grafted hair to fully grow and heal.

I guess you should be a little patient since the area has subjected to 2 operations within a shortish period and a bit more healing time then normal should be expected.

----------------------------------------------

This is what is making me so angry at this point. I had no idea. And I feel this should have been made clear to me. Trust me. alot of this is my fault. I should have done a ton more research before my first Ht, but I sincerely trusted my first doc, when he explained the complications and told me, "it will never look stupid" when in reality it looked nothing but stupid from day one. Sorry to be the pessimist, but this is my experience TO DATE. Hopefully, things change real soon.

spex,

Yes, from looking at the pics you posted the hair did soften up some. Your pics are so much clearer than the ones sent to me from the office. I'm just really hoping that this is the result of Feller's work and not the first maturing. Because if it is Feller's work then this is just the beginning, but if it is the first HT maturing then this is the end. As far as scheduling a consult at this time, I think I'm going to wait another month or so for the simple reason that I really feel it will be easier to give an evaluation in the later stages. Also, I'm going on vacation this week which is mainly the reason I'm freaking out. I really thought and so did the doc--He said maybe 5 months== that I would be able to go to a nice dinner----shirt and tie--- and this is not the case.

One more thing Spex, if the softening affect is from Feller's work, should I not have some hairs that are shorter than others? All the hair in my recip area are the same length as the hair from my first HT.

• 1 month later...

6.5 months after my repair and I'm still hiding under a hat. I did attend one function about 3 weeks ago without a hat, and a friend of mine asked me if I had plugs. So much for me being overly concerned. My Ht still does not look natural 6.5 months after my repair with Feller.

John,

Can you post some current photos of your hair?

I'm sure you're sick to death of hearing this, but before determining whether the result is a success, you really have to give it a full year. I'm almost 6.5 months out from my fourth procedure too. I've noticed some improvements, but am expecting more. It takes time.

Best wishes,

Bill

Your lucky he is your friend and not mine or he would be asking about the best dentist for false teeth. icon_mad.gificon_smile.gif

Originally posted by John Malloy:

6.5 months after my repair and I'm still hiding under a hat. I did attend one function about 3 weeks ago without a hat, and a friend of mine asked me if I had plugs. So much for me being overly concerned. My Ht still does not look natural 6.5 months after my repair with Feller.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Hey Bill,

I will post pics soon. But as you saw my pre ops don't even look that bad in pics. I'm still hoping for the best, but getting extremely anxious as time passes. Do you have any pics of someone with minimal growth at 6.5 months that turned out OK at 10 or later? It would really help.

Do you have any pics of someone with minimal growth at 6.5 months that turned out OK at 10 or later?

Yes, I have. Of course, I can't guarantee what will happen in your case...but it's important to hang in there and give it time.

I do think it's appropriate however, that you post photos of your hair as it is now so we can see what it looks like. I hope you'll take the time to do this soon.

Bill