How long hair transplant will last for a norwood 7 bald person?

I was norwood 7 bald by age of 26. I had 4 transplant surgeries. 1, 2 and 4th of them were failures. Recently I noticed my hairs from third transplant done 5 years ago is shedding. I am worried if I will get back those hairs or not. I take dustasteride 1 mg every day. I also apply minoxidil 1 ml every day once. I use laser helmet for 30 minutes  once in 3 days.

Edited by pradeepbr

Mate, when you say you are Norwood 7, do you mean a fully bald Norwood 7 or a diffuse thinner who had some hairs remaining. If the former, it's one of three problems; (i) doctor(s) is doing something wrong, (ii) you have a pre-existing and undiagnosed scalp infection, or (iii) if it's the latter, you are losing native hairs around the transplanted hairs. In either case, you have very limited number of grafts at Norwood 7, and 3 poor results means it's going to be difficult to get full coverage. I would reach out to a doctor specializing in high Norwoods like Zarev or Eugenix.

• Like 1

Depend on the aggresiveness, but if i recall it right, nw3 people would easily retain their hair for a decade or more, while nw 1 and 2 hardly lose any.

It's just conjecture and guesses from the cases i see however.

6 hours ago, Z-- said:

Mate, when you say you are Norwood 7, do you mean a fully bald Norwood 7 or a diffuse thinner who had some hairs remaining. If the former, it's one of three problems; (i) doctor(s) is doing something wrong, (ii) you have a pre-existing and undiagnosed scalp infection, or (iii) if it's the latter, you are losing native hairs around the transplanted hairs. In either case, you have very limited number of grafts at Norwood 7, and 3 poor results means it's going to be difficult to get full coverage. I would reach out to a doctor specializing in high Norwoods like Zarev or Eugenix.

I was norwood7 with fully bald scalp with 50 to 100 hairs remaining. They all went into shock loss and never came back after my first surgery. I had surgeries from 3 different doctors. 

1 hour ago, pradeepbr said:

I was norwood7 with fully bald scalp with 50 to 100 hairs remaining. They all went into shock loss and never came back after my first surgery. I had surgeries from 3 different doctors. 

Can you share which Doctors you went to? How many grafts was each HT?

As far as the Nizoral, I've heard on this forum that it's actually better to stop using it after your HT because it's fairly harsh stuff? Maybe someone else can confirm that but I plan to probably drop Nizoral after my HT 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli