I want to start taking meds but...

lunch_owl

So i want to start taking topical fin + min. I am a completely heatlthy guy (thank god) and my concern is if these meds has a negative effect on the kidneys.

On the maternal side there is a history of kidney disease. My question is, does fin/min in topical/oral form affect the kidneys?

• Administrators

If you’re applying both medications topically. I don’t believe there should be any concerns in the kidneys.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

As great of a resource as this forum is, it is not the place to come to for medical advice. You need to speak with a Nephrologist.

That said, their is plenty of research that Fin negatively impacts kidney function/health. I would suspect that most of the research was done on oral Fin not topical however. But, because Fin has a relatively long half life, and you would essentially be taking the medication daily or weekly for years, I would be hesitant to jump on Topical given your family history without doing plenty of your own research and also talking to a Nephrologist. Feel free to DM me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

As great of a resource as this forum is, it is not the place to come to for medical advice. You need to speak with a Nephrologist.

That said, their is plenty of research that Fin negatively impacts kidney function/health. I would suspect that most of the research was done on oral Fin not topical however. But, because Fin has a relatively long half life, and you would essentially be taking the medication daily or weekly for years, I would be hesitant to jump on Topical given your family history without doing plenty of your own research and also talking to a Nephrologist. Feel free to DM me. 

Yes, i have seen a couple studies about oral fin having some negative effect on kidney function, A lot of people jump on these meds without thinking about if anything else in the body would be affected negatively by this. Hope people do a lot of research before considering taking them.

• Like 2