Balding insults in the work place

Carl Counts

Years ago a female co-worker was constantly making fun of my hair loss. One day after weeks of hair loss insults I insulted her back making fun of her weight. Needless to say it did not go over well. She immediately reported me to supervisors. I spent the next 2 weeks going to meeting and signing write ups. Anyone else have similar experience at work?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, Carl Counts said:

Years ago a female co-worker was constantly making fun of my hair loss. One day after weeks of hair loss insults I insulted her back making fun of her weight. Needless to say it did not go over well. She immediately reported me to supervisors. I spent the next 2 weeks going to meeting and signing write ups. Anyone else have similar experience at work?

Fair in my opinion…

if she can’t take it she shouldn’t give it out ….. 

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Carl Counts said:

wow what a toxic work environment. i would look for another job if they dont address her insults

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Carl Counts said:

She’s basically chucking her insecurities on to you . Common thing people with insecurities do is they insult other people to try and make themselves feel better about themselves . How sad , next time drop a weight watchers leaflet on her desk 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Yea definitely insecurity issues.. it’s like a fat person calling another fat person fat .. it makes no sense .. people like this usually go n insult others to deflect attention on themselves .. or to make u feel bad so they can feel better about themselves .. 

No offense but this is one of the reason I dont date fat women .. u would think they be nicer to others because they struggling themselves about their looks .. I find this is not case .. they usually are not as socially competent with dealing with others.. they dish out what others have done to them .. 

so don’t feel bad,, just stay away from peeps like that .. no use talking sense into them either .. ignorant people don’t understand common sense or courtesy .. 

• Like 3

Insecurity breeds negativity. Most people that made negative remarks about my hair loss have serious issues that they themselves need to work on.

I also had comments about my hair loss but was fortunate it was not in a work place. I've had it in various other situations where its also inappropriate although making fun of someone's hair loss shouldn't be acceptable to begin with.

People like to think that times are changing and people don't care about your looks, but from my experience a large portion of people that I interacted with are shallow and they treated me different when I started to lose my hair. Maybe its my age demographic.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

57 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

Insecurity breeds negativity. Most people that made negative remarks about my hair loss have serious issues that they themselves need to work on.

I also had comments about my hair loss but was fortunate it was not in a work place. I've had it in various other situations where its also inappropriate although making fun of someone's hair loss shouldn't be acceptable to begin with.

People like to think that times are changing and people don't care about your looks, but from my experience a large portion of people that I interacted with are shallow and they treated me different when I started to lose my hair. Maybe its my age demographic.

Social media has corrupted people with regards to appearance in particular women. Now a days it’s rare to find a woman that is natural looking , they’re all looking like walking filters , up to their eyes with fillers and Botox . 

• Like 1

In those cases, when it's serious and you mind, here is what you do :

-1st infraction, you let her know that this is hurting your feelings and that you would like her to stop.

-2nd infraction, you report her to your supervisor.

Do not engage, do not stoop to their level. Our society is disgustingly hypocritical. The best way to get by is to exploit the current system and keep your private life and thoughts just that : private. The vultures are everywhere. Be strong brother. 

PS There's also the alternative of you making more fun of your balding than everybody else, thus disarming them. Takes some zen discipline and it always hurts inside but it can be done. 

• Like 1

I once had a manager (she was really crazy) who would make references to my balding. She got fired on the spot. 

• Like 1

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

On 8/9/2022 at 3:56 AM, StillAlive said:

In those cases, when it's serious and you mind, here is what you do :

-1st infraction, you let her know that this is hurting your feelings and that you would like her to stop.

-2nd infraction, you report her to your supervisor.

Do not engage, do not stoop to their level. Our society is disgustingly hypocritical. The best way to get by is to exploit the current system and keep your private life and thoughts just that : private. The vultures are everywhere. Be strong brother. 

PS There's also the alternative of you making more fun of your balding than everybody else, thus disarming them. Takes some zen discipline and it always hurts inside but it can be done. 

The alternative is a good plan. I was a very fat teenager and I would make fun of myself leaving others a little quiet. However, I would still get the fat insults. Either way the balding or fat insults never really bothered me but the double standard in the work place was a little surprising

Edited by Carl Counts

In the UK, a case went to court and the bald guy won and its now classed as sexual harassment 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/13/calling-a-man-bald-is-sexual-harassment-employment-tribunal-rules

Honestly, i would say this person was happy to dish it out but couldn't take it, but there's a double standard in the workplace. Guys, we tend to approach things head on and fight fire with fire. Women, it's more of a dirty play. She insulted you, by all means in the wrong but as soon as she got what she gave, she escalated to HR. I feel like guys need to do that more often. Report the other person usually if they're a woman first. Men, i think we understand the "rules" a bit more. 

• Like 1