Stubble not shedding or growing

36 minutes ago, taza said:

These stubbles which you can see from picture are not shedding or growing. 

Screenshot_20220807-045133_Bixby Voice.jpg

Give it few more months & also let the doctor see this as well, some people start growth a bit later, don't be discouraged. 

Taza,

At 6 months, you definitely should be experiencing some kind of growth and if you had stubble since the day of your transplant and those hairs have not shed or grown in any way, shape or form, I would contact your surgeon immediately to discuss your concerns. That said, I do suggest that you post some actual photos of your full scalp so we can see what it looks like. I suggest posting some before photos and photos of your scalp now. 

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

1 hour ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Taza,

At 6 months, you definitely should be experiencing some kind of growth and if you had stubble since the day of your transplant and those hairs have not shed or grown in any way, shape or form, I would contact your surgeon immediately to discuss your concerns. That said, I do suggest that you post some actual photos of your full scalp so we can see what it looks like. I suggest posting some before photos and photos of your scalp now. 

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Full scalp and before photos are on my other posts. The surgeon has asked me to wait until 8 months after surgery. He is confident they will grow but I don't think that's will happen.

Do you have any official pre-op, post-op, and current photos that aren't so zoomed in on a single area? The one photo you posted is low quality, and it's hard to even tell what we're looking at with something that up close. We need a full visual representation in order to give any valuable feedback or input. You can blur your face out if you're concerned with anonymity, but we'd still need to see fuller pictures. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'm looking at the pictures wrong, but I definitely see growth that seems on par with what you could expect at 6 months...? If you're seeing any growth at all at 6 months, I think it's way too soon to say the growth is definitively terrible. Remember that the absolute earliest you would see any results at all would be around month 4, and it's not uncommon for some people to be a bit slower than that - which is where you seem to be. Is it possible your expectations are a bit off? 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

My growth is very gappy and see through. I have no improvement in the last most. I still got alot of stubble hairs which are neither shedding or growing and are beginning to irritate my scalp. I think these hairs are damaged grafts which were planted into my scalp. Hope I'm wrong.

First off, thank you for posting and sharing your experience.

Secondly, I think you're jumping the gun when saying you ahve no growth. Based off some of the photos I cannot tell if you lowered your hair line, have multiple grafts in different areas, etc.

The photos are not very clear but from 6 months I think you are pretty close to what you could look like from that point in time. You didnt specify any medications or any daily routines/regimens. So I would expect that you aren't taking anything so you could see some growth around 8 months. There are some cases where people grow very slowly.

You seem to be avoiding the question some people are asking with what clinic you went to. You are not obligated to say but it would help others to determine the type of planning or have any similar experiences.

Lastly, I see some fine miniaturized hairs (I think) in the photos of poor lighting. They may just be native hairs on your scalp/forehead. But the photos are not very easy to see. Could you post some donor, post/pre ops with clearer resolution or take anything in direct sunlight?

Also just to note, sometimes you could have shock loss that could last awhile. The stress induced from the surgery could take awhile to heal and its always a case by case scenario. If you had a lot of things injected into your scalp that could take months to recover from. If there was collateral damage that could be another issue (if you had hair that was transected from the implanted hair). Many things to evaluate. I feel like i say this a lot but look a @Melvin- Moderator this dude has had 4 hair transplant and his most recent one he didnt really get much coverage until his recent months. Even then he still is a slow grower based off his previous HT's. 

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

52 minutes ago, Vann said:

First off, thank you for posting and sharing your experience.

Secondly, I think you're jumping the gun when saying you ahve no growth. Based off some of the photos I cannot tell if you lowered your hair line, have multiple grafts in different areas, etc.

The photos are not very clear but from 6 months I think you are pretty close to what you could look like from that point in time. You didnt specify any medications or any daily routines/regimens. So I would expect that you aren't taking anything so you could see some growth around 8 months. There are some cases where people grow very slowly.

You seem to be avoiding the question some people are asking with what clinic you went to. You are not obligated to say but it would help others to determine the type of planning or have any similar experiences.

Lastly, I see some fine miniaturized hairs (I think) in the photos of poor lighting. They may just be native hairs on your scalp/forehead. But the photos are not very easy to see. Could you post some donor, post/pre ops with clearer resolution or take anything in direct sunlight?

Also just to note, sometimes you could have shock loss that could last awhile. The stress induced from the surgery could take awhile to heal and its always a case by case scenario. If you had a lot of things injected into your scalp that could take months to recover from. If there was collateral damage that could be another issue (if you had hair that was transected from the implanted hair). Many things to evaluate. I feel like i say this a lot but look a @Melvin- Moderator this dude has had 4 hair transplant and his most recent one he didnt really get much coverage until his recent months. Even then he still is a slow grower based off his previous HT's. 

I never said I got no growth. I got very patchy growth for 6 months not more the 20% growth. I also got alot of stubble hairs which are not growing or shedding and are beginning it irritate my scalp. I'm taking both finasteride and minoxidil.

• 2 months later...

It's been almost 9 months since my procedure. I have still got hundreds of these stubbles which are neither growing or shedding. I think these are dead grafts. Can dead grafts in your scalp cause an infection?