How to apply Rogaine

Mortimer

what exactly is the proper process for applying Rogaine onto the scalp? Are supposed to rub with it with our fingertips? or do we just apply and let it stay as it is?

I read all the brochures and documents but nowhere they mention how to apply it....is rubbing afterwards ok?

what exactly is the proper process for applying Rogaine onto the scalp? Are supposed to rub with it with our fingertips? or do we just apply and let it stay as it is?

I read all the brochures and documents but nowhere they mention how to apply it....is rubbing afterwards ok?

Just apply it with the dropper or spray. There is no need to touch it, unless you feel that you missed the area. Sometimes I like to gently pat the area with a finger or two to make sure I hit the target area.

I'll tell you though, I've had minor if any at all success with Rogaine. But everyone is different!

Bill

Mortimer,

I think the spray works best and you should not have to rub it in.

Bill,

How long have you been using minoxidil? What strength are you using and are you applying twice per day? Your on Propecia too right?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been rubbing it in. I guess I don't need to, but is it detrimental to the effects?

I used to just leave it, but there was the odd drip running down. Since I started massaging it in, that stopped.

Is the sprayer really that much better than the dropper?

I don't have a sprayer, but could I just put it in a normal sprayer or take the pump spray nozzle off an old perfume bottle?

I've got another bottle of the solution that I need to take. Once that's finished, I'll switch to the foam.