Numb sensation on top and Tightness at donor area

User New

I had my FUE HT 11 days back. I still have numb sensation on Recipient area and tightness at my donor area while moving my neck. Is this normal ? If normal many days does it take to get back to normal without to restrict my movement. 

• Moderators

It's normal. It can take a few months for the numbness to completely go away, but it can also be much sooner than that.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

2 hours ago, BeHappy said:

It's normal. It can take a few months for the numbness to completely go away, but it can also be much sooner than that.

Ok. What about tightness at donor area??

Not sure what you mean about "tightness" in the donor area.  It may be just the normal healing process.  Also, the numbness may last for months. 

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

2 hours ago, JohnCasper said:

Not sure what you mean about "tightness" in the donor area.  It may be just the normal healing process.  Also, the numbness may last for months. 

While moving my neck something holds to restrict my movement. 

Ah... gotcha.  Keep us posted.  Hopefully that tightness sensation will dissipate in the coming days.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

User New,

it is perfectly normal to experience some ongoing numbness and tightness in both the recipent area and the donor area.  You’ve had your hair transplant surgery 11 days ago so you are still in the very early stages of healing.  Typically, any tightness or discomfort in the donor area will be minimal and short-lived if you’ve undergone follicular unit extraction (FUE) whereas it could last a little longer if you wanted on follicular unit transplantation (FUT).

This is because with FUT, a strip of tissue with the vohicals has been removed from your scalp and your scalp has literally been suture or stapled back together by pulling/stretching the top and bottom part of the wound and bringing them together.  scalp elasticity will return in time but it may take a little while for any tightness or numbness to dissipate.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.