Asian Male, 20y, looking for hair transplant surgeon/clinic recommendations

• Valued Contributor
11 minutes ago, Iceee222 said:

Great thanks! I im Norwood 3 with thinning on front scalp so I should be good to go! I’ve done additional research and they have done plenty of transplants with caucasian hair which also made me at ease. Never heard of Dr. Kong I will look into him. What do u think about  Dr. Laorwong  is he as good as the two u mentioned?

Dr Kong is short for Dr Laorwong.

• Haha 1

• Valued Contributor

I can't really make that decision for you. But be guided by the amount of work that you've seen from them that is close to your hair loss and goals. Ask to speak with the surgeons and after asking lots of questions go with who you feel you have a good rapport with. All the best!

On 8/14/2022 at 2:46 PM, stephcurry30 said:

I was in the same shoes as you OP.

As someone who joined this site at the age of 21 and is not 28 going to be 29, holding off on a transplant was the best decision. I first hoped on medication that helped me stabilize my hair loss and re grow my hair. Any good/great doctor would of not done any surgery on me either way meaning that I would of chose an awful clinic that would of provided a lack luster result. 

I'm 28 turning 29 soon and now I'm finally going to get a hair transplant next year. With my stabilized hair loss I can finally get the hairline I always wanted. It sucks that both you and I didn't get to live confidently in our 20's with the hair line that we wanted but life is unfair. I have a lot of regrets in my 20's and decisions I made BECAUSE of my lack of confidence (not going out, not learning to talk to people/girls). Right now you are 20 years old and you need to find a career path, have fun, find a job, etc. Don't let a transplant be the number one thing that worries you. Try finasteride and minoxidil and don't think about either medications and side effects don't come up. 

Short story is that don't let hair loss dictate how happy you are and live your 20's. You still need to live life to the fullest. Please hold off on a transplant and try some medication. Only thing worse that having hair loss is having a botched hair transplant with continued hair loss and damaged donor. Imagine that scenario. 

And again best thing I ever did when I was 21 was hold off on a transplant and let medication stabilize my hair loss. 

Listen to this.^ I waited from 25 until 30 and it was the best decision in my case. I was Norwood 1 until 24 - maybe slight crown thinning. By 30 I was a Norwood 6. Take meds (if you can), live life without worrying about hair and revisit the issue in half a decade / decade or so.

By then you'll have saved up money, done more research and are less prone to aggressive loss. It seems to be worst for most suffers of hair loss in their early 20s. Trust us bro, there is more to life than hair

• Like 3

On 8/4/2022 at 7:39 PM, GoliGoliGoli said:

Eh, SMP can often be a mistake 

I don't understand what you are doing in a forum like this?

In the short time I have been here I have seen you be negative about hair transplants, and trying to scare people from using finasteride, and now you are also saying that SMP is a mistake. 

What is your motivation - and is any hair treatment a good idea in your mind, or are you just trolling?

14 minutes ago, Xanadu said:

I don't understand what you are doing in a forum like this?

In the short time I have been here I have seen you be negative about hair transplants, and trying to scare people from using finasteride, and now you are also saying that SMP is a mistake. 

What is your motivation - and is any hair treatment a good idea in your mind, or are you just trolling?

"Trying to scare people from using Finasteride" - Not really. What I have done is present arguments about the importance of DHT - all of which can be backed by peer reviewed research that I'm happy to cite anytime. If you want to try Fin then you should go for it, a lot of people seem to tolerate it well and if you get sides you can always hop off - most people do not get PFS. I personally wouldn't touch Fin (Especially oral fin) but each person has their own priorities so I think it's fine to try. There of course is the risk of long term PFS even from short term use but I think it's relatively small. 

"Negative about hair transplants" - Show me where before you cry a river. HT's can definitely ruin people if done poorly but overall I think they're great as long as expectations are realistic. 

"SPM is a mistake" - It certainly can be, but can also be very useful if done well. I would consider SMP in my own case potentially at some point. But for younger guys like OP I think you should tred carefully. 

Look I get it, losing your hair sucks and everyone wants to worship the idol of any potential medication or treatment. But every treatment modality (Fin, Min, HT, SMP, Hair Piece) has serious and unique downsides that should be considered without getting emotional. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2022 at 11:26 PM, Z-- said:

Listen to this.^ I waited from 25 until 30 and it was the best decision in my case. I was Norwood 1 until 24 - maybe slight crown thinning. By 30 I was a Norwood 6. Take meds (if you can), live life without worrying about hair and revisit the issue in half a decade / decade or so.

By then you'll have saved up money, done more research and are less prone to aggressive loss. It seems to be worst for most suffers of hair loss in their early 20s. Trust us bro, there is more to life than hair

Jesus that must've been brutal, and scary from norwood 1 to norwood 6 that fast? Wow. 

• 1 month later...