Think Minoxidil Doesn't WORK? Think AGAIN

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators
1 hour ago, mavigo said:

Appreciate the suggestion. 7 - 8 years ago, oral minoxidil was almost unheard of and I believe my dermatologist said it was not as effective as topical or efficacy was unknown. Topical anything is an ordeal, smearing lotions & potions on your head, 2x daily for eternity, ugh. I'd much prefer a pill. I'll talk with my doctor about it.

Oral minoxidil is much more effective. Dr. Bisanga is a strong advocate, he uses it himself and said it’s even better than fin for him. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Oral minoxidil is much more effective. Dr. Bisanga is a strong advocate, he uses it himself and said it’s even better than fin for him. 

I have been considering Oral Minoxidil for a while now. Is it stronger than topical? and how would one undergo a transition from Topical to Oral whilst avoiding a shed.

Edited by mister_25
Wrong quote

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, ProspectII said:

Is it possible for a UK resident to obtain oral minoxidil?

Yes contact Bisanga. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Extremely informative video.

I've seen many cases online of people regrowing most of their hair with minoxidil + finasteride + microneedling.

What are the chances for that to happen? For someone who is 31 yo, never has been on hair loss medications and presents minimal hairloss, how likely is for that person to get his original hairline back? I'm strongly considering getting on oral minox, oral fin and buying a dermapen.

This was my hairline at 19 yo in the left and at 30 in the right btw, never had prominent temples and always had sparse eyebrows:

1156974529_hairlineat19yo.jpg.d5aac29274665b7c0a733a218f7143a3.jpg601145273_hairlineat30yo.thumb.jpg.5e94394c9b98ac54c16886200bfc89d6.jpg

It receeded at 24-25 yo (very stressful time in my life) and a couple of cm at the corner at most, now it is a bit more V shaped in comparison. Hairline height seems to be the same, just a bit less dense at the widow's peak. Pic is angled a bit different so it may give the impression of less hair loss, but is the most similar and highest quality I found to compare with. Do you think I have high chances of getting the hairs I lost back with the big three? Or is most likely they will be "just" a nice hair loss prevention protocol?

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.