Shock loss ?

Just now, Britalien said:

I’m not a fan of PRP, well in particular when it’s done more as a “cash grab” if it’s included as part of the procedure then ok. Paying for extra “sessions” etc ? No.

Very few elite clinics actually use it, and for others it’s very questionable, the hair mills push it as part of their marketing.

what do you recommend? 

6 minutes ago, leeC123 said:

Hi @Britalien does shock loss usually just occur in the one spot or several patches throughout the donor ? 

Either can happen, and does ! I know it’s easier for me to say, but you need to try and not over think this. Shock loss will improve and it’s going to take a while, it won’t help by constantly worrying about it. Monthly updates yes, daily worrying no 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Britalien said:

Either can happen, and does ! I know it’s easier for me to say, but you need to try and not over think this. Shock loss will improve and it’s going to take a while, it won’t help by constantly worrying about it. Monthly updates yes, daily worrying no 😉

Thank you !

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Ryan Daniel said:

Hard to say. It's either a prolonged shock loss or too many grafts harvested from same area

The donor area can either return back to normal within the first month or the fifth month for some people..

Thank you, it’s improving, hair in an area that wasn’t harvested from a slap fell out, seeing posts online which say it can happen because of the anaesthesia ? 

The primary reason shock loss occurs is a result in how the scalp responds to trauma caused by the surgery….most of the trauma or the higher levels of trauma are from the countless number of incisions that are made but trauma can also be caused by injections of anesthesia, other fluids, etc.

Most of the shocked hair will grow back unless that native hair is in an advanced state of diffused condition.

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

2 minutes ago, gillenator said:

The primary reason shock loss occurs is a result in how the scalp responds to trauma caused by the surgery….most of the trauma or the higher levels of trauma are from the countless number of incisions that are made but trauma can also be caused by injections of anesthesia, other fluids, etc.

Most of the shocked hair will grow back unless that native hair is in an advanced state of diffused condition.

Thank you 🙏 

It will take approximately 3-4 months for shocked hair to re-emerge because shocked hair goes into the dormant phase before it enters a new growth phase.

• Like 1

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Just now, gillenator said:

It will take approximately 3-4 months for shocked hair to re-emerge because shocked hair goes into the dormant phase before it enters a new growth phase.

Thank you for this information it is very helpful 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Definitely a visual improvement…congratulations!

Gillenator

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Shock loss resolved! 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The most challenging thing is waiting 4-6 months for it to recover but when it does, it sure is sweet!

Gillenator

• 8 months later...

That’s AWESOME!

• Thanks 1

Gillenator