Shock loss ?

Had transplant done in may 2022 on the 24th, 4 Friends previous been to the clinic, had 2700 grafts and have suffered what i think is shock loss from looking at this page can anyone confirm ? seems to be few patches all over around where the Anasthesia was injected, this photo is 3 weeks later looked fine after 1-2 weeks

30997CED-4759-496D-BE3A-1B052A166262.jpeg

LeeC123,

This very well could be shock loss.  In fact, it’s typical for shock loss to occur several weeks after hair transplant surgery as opposed to occurring immediately after the procedure.  Shocked hair typically returns in full between 6 to 12 months after the date of the procedure although in many cases, the hair grows back before then.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hi thanks for the reply, that was after 3 weeks, i’m at 2 months now and that side is significantly better apart from one small patch and then two more small patches throughout my donor area, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leeC123 said:

Hi thanks for the reply, that was after 3 weeks, i’m at 2 months now and that side is significantly better apart from one small patch and then two more small patches throughout my donor area, 

Fingers crossed it will continue to improve, if it’s shock loss it will, if it’s over harvesting it won’t. From what you have said and shown it’s more than likely temporary shock loss. 

Just now, Britalien said:

Fingers crossed it will continue to improve, if it’s shock loss it will, if it’s over harvesting it won’t. From what you have said and shown it’s more than likely temporary shock loss. 

After 11 days i went out didn’t drink and everyone just taught i got an undercut then after say 14-20 it all she’d on that side and some on the back aswell

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leeC123 said:

After 11 days i went out didn’t drink and everyone just taught i got an undercut then after say 14-20 it all she’d on that side and some on the back aswell

Can you say who the Dr/Clinic was ? 

22 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

LeeC123,

This very well could be shock loss.  In fact, it’s typical for shock loss to occur several weeks after hair transplant surgery as opposed to occurring immediately after the procedure.  Shocked hair typically returns in full between 6 to 12 months after the date of the procedure although in many cases, the hair grows back before then.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

what do you think it is ? 

4 minutes ago, Britalien said:

I have not been on the forum for the last couple of months, so I cannot remember the guys name ? 

Okay No problem just he was recovering quite well

7 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

It's kind of tough to follow what's going on here. If you post pictures please clearly label them so we know when in the process they were taken. 

hi first pic i posted is at 3 weeks, second is that side again but after only 6-7 days with the hair growing, 3rd is the donor area on the second day 

• Like 1

Slightly Improved, but it’s difficult to tell. Shock loss can take quite a few months to recover, but I believe you’re on the right track ! 

Thank you, will i keep you updated month on month ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leeC123 said:

Thank you, will i keep you updated month on month ? 

Yeh monthly is enough, you could end up driving yourself crazy otherwise. As you will have noticed on the other shock loss threads it can take a while and it differs for everyone. Sometimes it coincides with growth from a hair transplant. 

• Thanks 1

Yeh monthly is enough, you could end up driving yourself crazy otherwise. As you will have noticed on the other shock loss threads it can take a while and it differs for everyone. Sometimes it coincides with growth from a hair transplant. 

yes i know that’s what i did for the first month will only take monthly am also taking biotin and had one prp session so far

Just now, leeC123 said:

yes i know that’s what i did for the first month will only take monthly am also taking biotin and had one prp session so far

I’m not a fan of PRP, well in particular when it’s done more as a “cash grab” if it’s included as part of the procedure then ok. Paying for extra “sessions” etc ? No.

Very few elite clinics actually use it, and for others it’s very questionable, the hair mills push it as part of their marketing.

• Like 1