Your top 5 doctors pick and why

Mikey I'm glad you are doing your research. This is a very important decision. Some people only get 1 shot to make the right decision because of a lack donor supply, time, cost, bad results/scars, etc.

Many of us have only seen 1 doctor. Some people have seen more than 1 doctor. Most of our "favorites" are based on seeing patients speak about their doctor and their own picture results. Going by my research my favorites were Dr Rahal, Hanson& Wong, and Dr Feller. Since then I have heard some good things about Dr Cooley as well.

Other factors to consider besides which doctor.

Are you a good HT candidate?

Or are you better off not getting a HT?

Do you want strip or fue? Most doctors do one or the other. Some doctors do both.

Cost?

Amount of grafts?

Expectations?

I wish you the best of luck with your decision! icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

My top 4 were identical to wantego: feller, rahal, h&w. the reason i considered these docs was tons of positive online documentation. i then narrowed it down by doing consults (online and in person) and seeing patients in person when it was an option.

i would currently add shapiro and alexander to my list.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Everybody is different, so do lots of research. Your head and grafts are too important to rely solely on others, like hair forums, doctors or even members of this forum.

That being said: I had my top three, which are Cooley, Keene, and Ron Shapiro. You can check my web log for detailed reasons why i had HT with dr. Cooley.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Originally posted by latinlotus:

Everybody is different, so do lots of research. Your head and grafts are too important to rely solely on others, like hair forums, doctors or even members of this forum.

That being said: I had my top three, which are Cooley, Keene, and Ron Shapiro. You can check my web log for detailed reasons why i had HT with dr. Cooley.

Your web blog explanation was great. I was very impressed by your reasoning. Best of luck! icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

After researching H/T Dr's, i decided on Dr Feller, so i guess he's my numbero uno. After that i'd say,

Dr Ron Shipiro - great hairlines

Dr Rahal

Dr Lyndsay

Hassson + wong

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Guys it is interesting to compare top picks for docs, but for any newbies out there, bear in mind that each person making a list has their own priorities, their own degree of current hair loss and each doctor has a slightly different philosophy.

The trade-offs in a HT you need to think about include:

1) coverage vs density

2) short term result vs. long-term situation (which could include further hair loss). Do you want to cover areas such as the temples and a lower front hairline which might look good but leave less hair to cover further loss further back.

Top Docs are aware of these but each has a subtly different approach to these and related questions.

I believe it is important to understand what a doctor is reknowned for in terms of what you are looking for. Don't just accept that because someone says Dr X is Number 1 that he is the best in all situations. If you want naturalness is he reknowned for naturalness. All the top docs will take all these points into consideration but may have different opinions about the best way of tackling them.

I hope this helps.

To add to the above, i chose Dr Feller because of his cautious conservative approach, which matches my own, also some awesome transplant out there with his name on

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Petchski, have you had your procedure yet or did you set a date? If your procedure was completed do you have any pictures, I too am interested in Dr. Feller as a potential Doctor. He's one of the few Dr's I'm interested in, thx for your time.