Finasteride

Hi guys,

Hope you are doing fine,

Well, I lost density on my frontal area in the last 4/5 months. And I tried a new hair cute (frist in life)

I already had bookmarked for Dr. Bruno Pinto In Portugal.

And to be honest, I will give it a try for finasteride. (Never tried)

When should I eat the medicine? Every day, when? Morning? Late?

Thank you :)

20220725_120147.jpg

Alex,

it doesn’t matter what time of day to take the finasteride although it is probably best if you’re consistent.  In other words, if you take finasteride around breakfast time, I would suggest that you take it around breakfast time each and every day.

Also, it’s advised to take finasteride for 6 to 12 months in order to evaluate its efficacy.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

32 minutes ago, Alex94gasp said:

Can reverse some hair losse? Or fortified actually hair ?

No.  Fin and Min are considered to be the best meds for retention in the crown.  Unfortunately, most patients stop after a year when they see no visual change.  The meds help you retain. That is, if you look the same a year later, the meds did what they were intended to do.  Only a small percentage get to enhance hair.

Reversal of the thinning can be achieved with PRP/Laser.  Research these.

32 minutes ago, Alex94gasp said:

Can reverse some hair losse? Or fortified actually hair ?

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

So, i started Finasteride a few days ago, 16 August.

I'm using 1 pill for day, after dinner. But I've been having some side effects.

I noticed that my sexual performance decreased as also being more difficult to have a bone.

What is your advise? Still continuing the medicine? And evaluate after 1/2 months? Or reduce it? 

Thank you

1 hour ago, Alex94gasp said:

Hi Guys,

I noticed that my sexual performance decreased as also being more difficult to have a bone.

What is your advise? Still continuing the medicine? And evaluate after 1/2 months? Or reduce it? 

Thank you

How much dosage per day?

Maybe you can take a break from it and start over but this time take it 3 times per week and see how it goes 

Yes the dosage and/or frequency can be adjusted under the guidance of your doctor.

• Like 2

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

58 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

How much dosage per day?

Maybe you can take a break from it and start over but this time take it 3 times per week and see how it goes 

1MG per day.  I just did by my own. They forum advice me to give it a try, and that's what I'm doing. 

I was in minoxidil before, but I stopped. (Because I heard that I need to stoped for a HT) After that I lose some hair, and started finasteride a few days ago

I did the same … jumped in straight on 1mg/day and had a few sides. I then stopped for a few weeks, bought a pill cutter and started in 0.5mg every other day for a month and then upped to 0.5/day… and 1 year on I’m happy that my body is accepting that dose..

The only minor side I’ve noticed is a slight reduction in sperm volume which I can live with….

definitely worth trying different dosages as everyone is different.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Alex94gasp said:

Hi Guys,

Thank you

0.3-0.5mg every other day or 3 days, works for me when I was taking it. I stopped though 

1 hour ago, Alex94gasp said:

There's Finasteride with 0.3 or 0.5mg? And if it's possible to know, why do you stop?

I cut 1 mg pill. Some unrelated medical reason where it’s probably not a good idea to suppress my hormones and I don’t care about hairloss at this point anyway 

7 hours ago, LookMaxx said:

I cut 1 mg pill. Some unrelated medical reason where it’s probably not a good idea to suppress my hormones and I don’t care about hairloss at this point anyway 

Do you think i should at least continuing for a month? May be my body will get used to finasteride..

And if it doesn't I will trie to reduce it

How much time we need to wait until we saw some results from finasteride? If improve the quality of the hair?

Now I'm taking daily finasteride 1 MG. I may change to 3 MG per week, one pill Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Because right now I'm having some side effects...

Started August 16

20220824_121854.jpg