Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bigmistake said:

How many months since Dr Bloxham's trial ? Any updates ? 

we're approaching the 6 month mark this week starting Monday 

Edited by takuma

3 minutes ago, Nikoni said:

Longaker filed for another patent regarding YAP inhibition where the inhibitor is Verteporfin at the end of last year.
Also hair regeneration is included, even hair transplant is mentioned.
Another indirect proof that this will work.

https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2023215294A1/en

wow, is that we he played a bit on the time?

• Like 1

if we played on time, then very little .
IMO they already know it works, they just want make money out of this. But it's difficult to get patent for 25 years old drug.
Chinese are also in the race , they have patent claims of their own.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Nikoni said:

if we played on time, then very little .
IMO they already know it works, they just want make money out of this. But it's difficult to get patent for 25 years old drug.
Chinese are also in the race , they have patent claims of their own.

cant you renew the patent once its used for another then originated purpose?

Edited by mr_peanutbutter

If this Verteporfin HT patent is granted, there are still countries in the world that do not respect patent law, or that only respect patents for new drugs, rather than for repurposed drugs, so getting a Verteporfin HT might involve a bit of foreign travel. 

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 22.23.46.png

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Someone in the verteporfin research telegram is saying they healed their scar on their left leg with topical simvastatin, and the hair grew back as well. Wow! could it be a YAP inhibitor perhaps. They posted pics as well and it does seem to show hair growing out of the area

I found an harvard publication that may suggest that statins may be a modulator of fibrosis and promote YAP inhibition.

https://bioinformatics.sph.harvard.edu/publications/screening-yap-inhibitors-identifies-statins-modulators-fibrosis

Edited by takuma
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 5:41 AM, Melvin- Admin said:

I spoke with Dr. Pittella, he said it’s virtually impossible to source Verteporfin in Brazil. Even Dr. Barghouthi is having issues. This is strange.

Oh that is a shame. I just had my one year follow up with my doctor in Brazil. I told him about verteporfin and shared the google doc. Initially, he was very skeptical but became very much curious after seeing the pictures. He said he would probably give it a go a try in himself.

Please let me know Dr. Pitella finds a way to source it in Brazil so I can tell me doctor too. 🤞

11 hours ago, hair_forever said:

Excuse me but, what is YAP?

that question has a complicated answer, because it's a protein that performs Many functions, but for our purposes for skin and hair regeneration, the YAP (Yes Associated) Protein tells skin fibroblasts after a wound occurs to quickly put down layers of collagen at the wound site resulting in the formation of a scar. Verteporfin blocks YAP signaling to allow the fibroblast cells to create normal functional skin with its appendages including sweat glands and more importantly hair follicles 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, takuma said:

that question has a complicated answer, because it's a protein that performs Many functions, but for our purposes for skin and hair regeneration, the YAP (Yes Associated) Protein tells skin fibroblasts after a wound occurs to quickly put down layers of collagen at the wound site resulting in the formation of a scar. Verteporfin blocks YAP signaling to allow the fibroblast cells to create normal functional skin with its appendages including sweat glands and more importantly hair follicles 

Does Verteporfin create new Arrector Pili muscles with each new hair follicle?

10 hours ago, ijustbethinkin said:

For an FDA approved drug that is so promising, this is moving sooooo painfully slow 

It's moving relatively fast now. We have two doctors doing trials and people contacting other doctors. 

Once we source Verteporfin it should move allot faster. 

• Like 2

On 1/8/2024 at 7:17 AM, Nikoni said:

Longaker filed for another patent regarding YAP inhibition where the inhibitor is Verteporfin at the end of last year.
Also hair regeneration is included, even hair transplant is mentioned.
Another indirect proof that this will work.

https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2023215294A1/en

I am dumb. Is this a good thing that someone is filing for a patent? What does this mean for us?

Apart from Bloxham's 6 month anticipation, I'm quite interested in Dr Bargouthi's full fue verteporfin trials and a recipient area trial by him, he was saying he wanted to do. 

So there's one guy who tried using Verteporfin to heal a scar on his leg and it didn't work - somewhere on a reddit post about Verteporfin - can't find it at the moment - but have there been any other negative reports about Verteporfin not working?

Joe Tilman on The Mane Event is being extremely skeptical and pessimistic about Verteporfin - is that a financial/political position he's taking - or are there other rumours from DIY experimenters that Verteporfin doesn't work?

So I believe we are at about 6 months for the Bloxham trials. His last update is going on 2 months ago. So hopefully next update is soon and is months 4 and 5. I’m anxious but hope it’s good news 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

So there's one guy who tried using Verteporfin to heal a scar on his leg and it didn't work - somewhere on a reddit post about Verteporfin - can't find it at the moment - but have there been any other negative reports about Verteporfin not working?

Joe Tilman on The Mane Event is being extremely skeptical and pessimistic about Verteporfin - is that a financial/political position he's taking - or are there other rumours from DIY experimenters that Verteporfin doesn't work?

It seems it is more variable with sutured healing 

I do think part of it is financial, with longaker making his patent, maybe other yap inhibitors being tested. However those will take years. 

I think with fue this will be a good solution. Maybe also with preventing scaring it seems more effective. 

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk

so tomorrow is 6 months mark for Dr. Bloxham trial, enough to be certain if vert worked or not.
I think we should wait till the end of the week, and if no updates by then, @Fox243 hopefully can reach him.

• Like 2