Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

9 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

We don’t know about anything for Dr Bloxham future plans but he could hopefully use it for his past 3 patients. 

Thank you for the efforts ! Hope devices will be used for good !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox243 said:

HairDAO is an organization that has raised around 3 million dollars and our goal is to cure hair loss. We’ve done a bunch so far such as create a new treatment (that we are putting through trials in the next 6 months), fund various hair related projects, etc. I’m one of the core members of HairDAO. Happy to answer any questions.

Putting a product through trials costs much more than 3M right?

Anyway, thanks for your work in this regard. Gotta ask, what is the reason to work on another treatment and not go all-in on verteporfin?

5 minutes ago, Square1 said:

Anyway, thanks for your work in this regard. Gotta ask, what is the reason to work on another treatment and not go all-in on verteporfin?

True, and if verteporfin works on bald areas after wounding we are all effectively cured! no matter how severe the hair loss is.

7 hours ago, takuma said:

Oh so it's like technodermas

drug TDM- 105795 a topical thyroid antagonist?

..https://firstwordpharma.com/story/5729288

Yes but hoping to market it in 6 months or so if the trials are successful. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Square1 said:

Couple reasons:

1) hairdao is a business and hairdao unfortunately cannot make much money for Verteporfin. Because I am a core member, I was able to persuade the others it would be good for PR

2) some people don’t want to get a transplant done and hence topical thyroid could be better

• Like 3

Just thinking out loud here: I want to fund one more HT trial with dr barghouthi in which we test two extremely promising FDA compounds that should work in conjunction with veteporfin: imiquimod and vemurafenib, both of which have been fda approved for decades as well. I was thinking either we do a normal fundraiser for around $10k, or if 5 people are willing to each donate $2k, I can talk to Dr. Barghouthi and we can guarantee a priority HT with verteporfin whenever you want at the normal HT rate. If you truly believe in verteporfin, I think this could be a good deal as doctors who have practice with verteporfin will have years long wait lists and the price will significantly increase. Thoughts? Would anybody be willing to deposit 2k to Dr. Barghouthi for what I proposed -- if so, comment below.

Edited by Fox243
  • Like 2

The fact that no one understands what happened to the initial 15k already raised and how they were broken down to each of the cost elements of the trial makes it hard to raise some more imo.  Also the promised trail hasn’t been done yet and we are not sure vert works 100% let alone adding skin cancer drugs into the mix.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Fox243 said:

HairDAO is an organization that has raised around 3 million dollars and our goal is to cure hair loss. We’ve done a bunch so far such as create a new treatment (that we are putting through trials in the next 6 months), fund various hair related projects, etc. I’m one of the core members of HairDAO. Happy to answer any questions.

What new treatment are you guys trailing ? 

10 minutes ago, Gatchpt said:

The fact that no one understands what happened to the initial 15k already raised and how they were broken down to each of the cost elements of the trial makes it hard to raise some more imo.  Also the promised trail hasn’t been done yet and we are not sure vert works 100% let alone adding skin cancer drugs into the mix.

The 15k is being used for the trial. Trials and transplants are expensive. You don’t need a cost breakdown because 15k is so reasonable – at a high level imagine a graft is $5, Verteporfin itself costs $1k, and paying for a patients and doctors time for several follow up visits can easily reach 15k. 

The point to fund an additional trial is so we see if Verteporfin works alone in the first one and concurrently test out other safe drugs. Cancer drugs makes it sound worse than it is when these drugs are completely benign if you do research, as I have spending hours studying these. Why stifle the scientific progress being made if now is a time for innovation? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

The 15k is being used for the trial. Trials and transplants are expensive. You don’t need a cost breakdown because 15k is so reasonable – at a high level imagine a graft is $5, Verteporfin itself costs $1k, and paying for a patients and doctors time for several follow up visits can easily reach 15k. 

The point to fund an additional trial is so we see if Verteporfin works alone in the first one and concurrently test out other safe drugs. Cancer drugs makes it sound worse than it is when these drugs are completely benign if you do research, as I have spending hours studying these. Why stifle the scientific progress being made if now is a time for innovation? 

Why not open up both routes , one for public funding (this group, reddit, etc enthusiast) who might donate 10-20$ each, and one for those who wants to trial on themselves and have the money to cover the whole trail cost with Dr.B even if it’s 10-15k. They will pay this amount if they did a normal Ht in the US with a reputable surgeon, so why not pay the same in a lower rate/cost country with a donor regenerative potential.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gatchpt said:

Why not open up both routes , one for public funding (this group, reddit, etc enthusiast) who might donate 10-20$ each, and one for those who wants to trial on themselves and have the money to cover the whole trail cost with Dr.B even if it’s 10-15k. They will pay this amount if they did a normal Ht in the US with a reputable surgeon, so why not pay the same in a lower rate/cost country with a donor regenerative potential.

I have found a surgeon interested in performing a Verteporfin test on me here in London.  Dr Bargouthi has stated that he is interested in experimenting on local patients, due to the need for monitoring post surgery, so in my opinion, we should be putting pressure on local HT surgeons to perform small Verteporfin tests on us individually - if they can source MEDICAL grade verteporfin for special off label use - anyone know where I can order some medical grade Verteporfin for use here in London, with a link I can direct my willing doctor to?

• Like 2

Seems new trials are on the way, this is good.

@Fox243 Dr Barghouthi and Dr Mohebi will have new trials. I think that will be enough evidence already for Standard FUE. IMO it's better to direct efforts towards more scenarios that hasn't been tested. Like injuring recipient and injecting verteporfin, Revising old FUE scars.

Also there are big pockets with hair loss or unsuccessful HT, with enough evidence they will back up more trials, worth to contact them.

Edited by Nikoni
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nikoni said:

Seems new trials are on the way, this is good.

@Fox243 Dr Barghouthi and Dr Mohebi will have new trials. I think that will be enough evidence already for Standard FUE. IMO it's better to direct efforts towards more scenarios that hasn't been tested. Like injuring recipient and injecting verteporfin, Revising old FUE scars.

Also there are big pockets with hair loss or unsuccessful HT, with enough evidence they will back up more trials, worth to contact them.

Yes, I think there will be enough evidence for standard FUE with plain verteporfin, which is why I want to test combining it with other compounds.

Edited by Fox243

• Administrators
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

I had but forgot to add it to the literature in the vert doc. Just added now.

Btw do you have Longakers protocol? Some users are asking for it, to give their surgeons.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Btw do you have Longakers protocol? Some users are asking for it, to give their surgeons.

kinda... I have it for pigs, which may not apply for humans. Here it is:

All animal work was conducted in accordance with APLAC protocol 33742. Full-thickness excisional wounds (2cm x 5cm) were produced on the dorsal skin of 12-week-old red Duroc pigs.

Wounds were excised in an elongated hexagon shape such that tension was comparable across their length. PBS (control; 4-6 wounds/pig) and verteporfin (2-8 mg/mL in PBS; 4-6 wounds/pig) were then injected into wounds. Nine injections (100 μL each) were performed per wound: three into the exposed dermis of the left side of the wound; three into the right side of the wound; and three into the base of the wound. Control and treatment wound sites were randomly assigned along the medial/lateral and cranial/caudal aspects to avoid confounding anatomic factors. Given the observed effect size in our first experimental pig and a power analysis, nine wounds per treatment group was deemed sufficient to adequately assess statistical significance.

Wounds were primarily repaired with 3-0 Vicryl deep dermal sutures, 3-0 Monocryl running subcuticular sutures, and surgical tape (Steri-Strips). Adhesive wound dressings (Primapore) were applied and changed every 2-3 days for two weeks, then weekly until wounds were fully healed. Wounds were photographed weekly for later scoring on scar visual analog scale (VAS). Cutometer measurements were taken to measure stiffness of normal skin and scars at 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16-weeks post-wounding. Animals were euthanized at 16 weeks post-wounding, and wound tissue divided for analyses as described below.

I also have dr. barghouthi's and dr. bloxham's protocols, but I'm not sure if they would like it shared on the web, so if anybody has a surgeon who has actually shown interest, I can DM it to them. Just let me know.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

kinda... I have it for pigs, which may not apply for humans. Here it is:

All animal work was conducted in accordance with APLAC protocol 33742. Full-thickness excisional wounds (2cm x 5cm) were produced on the dorsal skin of 12-week-old red Duroc pigs.

Wounds were excised in an elongated hexagon shape such that tension was comparable across their length. PBS (control; 4-6 wounds/pig) and verteporfin (2-8 mg/mL in PBS; 4-6 wounds/pig) were then injected into wounds. Nine injections (100 μL each) were performed per wound: three into the exposed dermis of the left side of the wound; three into the right side of the wound; and three into the base of the wound. Control and treatment wound sites were randomly assigned along the medial/lateral and cranial/caudal aspects to avoid confounding anatomic factors. Given the observed effect size in our first experimental pig and a power analysis, nine wounds per treatment group was deemed sufficient to adequately assess statistical significance.

Wounds were primarily repaired with 3-0 Vicryl deep dermal sutures, 3-0 Monocryl running subcuticular sutures, and surgical tape (Steri-Strips). Adhesive wound dressings (Primapore) were applied and changed every 2-3 days for two weeks, then weekly until wounds were fully healed. Wounds were photographed weekly for later scoring on scar visual analog scale (VAS). Cutometer measurements were taken to measure stiffness of normal skin and scars at 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16-weeks post-wounding. Animals were euthanized at 16 weeks post-wounding, and wound tissue divided for analyses as described below.

I also have dr. barghouthi's and dr. bloxham's protocols, but I'm not sure if they would like it shared on the web, so if anybody has a surgeon who has actually shown interest, I can DM it to them. Just let me know.

Please DM @FutureDensity Dr. Barghouthi and Bloxham's protocol.

View my thread

6 hours ago, ijustbethinkin said:

Is there any news on Dr Bloxham 5 month update? is he planning to do two months in one update like last time?

5 months must show already whether it took regeneration path or not.

If he doesn't publish any updates this week, hope guys on dicsord can reach him out and ask for his thoughts .

• Like 2

There is already regeneration IMO, follicles were growing out of the middle of the FUT scar.  Correct me if im wrong but that is unheard of without Vertoporfin. We just obviously want significant amounts of regrowth like Bargouthis patients results, not 5-6 follicles growing out the scar lol.

15 minutes ago, ijustbethinkin said:

There is already regeneration IMO, follicles were growing out of the middle of the FUT scar.  Correct me if im wrong but that is unheard of without Vertoporfin. We just obviously want significant amounts of regrowth like Bargouthis patients results, not 5-6 follicles growing out the scar lol.

i think we have to rule out whether those hairs were transected hairs or hairs that were not extracted but didn't experience shock loss like the rest of the hairs, or is that not the case

There is no such thing as transaction in FUT. They cut the skin piece with everything in it, and hair growing out from where the scar is supposed to form is pretty amazing and promising. That's all I would expect from 3 month results.

I wouldn't expect perfect healing in 5 months either, but there should be significant difference if it worked.

• Like 4

On 12/12/2023 at 10:33 PM, Fox243 said:

I had but forgot to add it to the literature in the vert doc. Just added now.

How about hairdao start a vert production line…. You make money out of that of vert works , that’s for sure.