using donor area aside from the back of hair transplant question

3 minutes ago, Shaheer said:

I think u r too young  for hair transplant.. It used to be thick for me at one point of time and now it isn't. Thank God I didn't use those hairs waste of money and time. 

your right, i plan on waiting 3-4 years. i just assumed since my hair loss has not gotten worse for about 5 years (i started having hair loss during puberty at 12) and has actually gotten thicker and healthier since then and now that im on finasteride + minoxidil, and potentially dutasteride that it would either stay the same or improve? its more of just assuming the hairs stay the same within the next 3-4 years is there any problem with using these hairs?

Are you sure you even have hair loss? Need to see your hairline.

A lot of young guys freak out when their hairline starts to "mature" and think they're going bald. You're also going on relatively serious medication when you may have no reason to be at all other than paranoia. 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

If you had actual noticeable hair loss by age 12, that's very young. Usually the earlier the hairloss starts the more aggressive it is, like norwood 6 or 7 territory. Which means you want to be even more careful and conservative with your donor hair. Just because finasteride may have stabilized your loss for now, you could potentially still lose more. For alot of guys finasteride just helps to slow down their loss, hopefully a lot. As your hormones continue to change, and any additional loss that's too slow to detect gradually accumulates, you could find yourself needing additional transplants and even running out of donor hair.

And your idea of mixing in vulnerable hair from that area with actual donor hair could end up looking very weird if you eventually lose that vulnerable hair, despite finasteride. The additional procedures to thicken the area back up with more donor hair could also lead to potentially destroying some of the previously transplanted donor hair from the additional surgery trauma. Its called permanent shock-loss. Avoiding that kind of loss can be mitigated to some extent by going to a skilled reputable doctor, but sometimes it can't be avoided depending on how well your body heals.

image.png.de338b5fe0033639dc54d4aac8fa1dd6.png

6 hours ago, ciaus said:

If you had actual noticeable hair loss by age 12, that's very young. Usually the earlier the hairloss starts the more aggressive it is, like norwood 6 or 7 territory. Which means you want to be even more careful and conservative with your donor hair. Just because finasteride may have stabilized your loss for now, you could potentially still lose more. For alot of guys finasteride just helps to slow down their loss, hopefully a lot. As your hormones continue to change, and any additional loss that's too slow to detect gradually accumulates, you could find yourself needing additional transplants and even running out of donor hair.

And your idea of mixing in vulnerable hair from that area with actual donor hair could end up looking very weird if you eventually lose that vulnerable hair, despite finasteride. The additional procedures to thicken the area back up with more donor hair could also lead to potentially destroying some of the previously transplanted donor hair from the additional surgery trauma. Its called permanent shock-loss. Avoiding that kind of loss can be mitigated to some extent by going to a skilled reputable doctor, but sometimes it can't be avoided depending on how well your body heals.

image.png.de338b5fe0033639dc54d4aac8fa1dd6.png

thanks!! ur right, ill wait and see.

also yeah who knows, i havent experienced any worsing of my hair for 5 years without medication  but i know hairloss can be unpredictable at times and is up to genetics but im hoping fin/dut + min will maintain and after making my hairline straight, i wouldnt really mind a loss of density later on as long as i generally have a full head of hair yk

Edited by demezz2