earliest got the scabs off

Hello! I soaked my transplanted grafts with saline every 5-10 minutes for the first few days, such that no scabs really formed, just the little white balls of tissue that popped up after a shower... which I was able to wash off by day 4-5. Didn't notice any bleeding, no hairs fell out, MAYBE? a single graft came out, but again no bleeding or pain. I know in wound care it is good to keep the wound moist for reepithelialization so I did the same... seems to have worked.

3 hours ago, jxlegend said:

Hello! I soaked my transplanted grafts with saline every 5-10 minutes for the first few days, such that no scabs really formed, just the little white balls of tissue that popped up after a shower... which I was able to wash off by day 4-5. Didn't notice any bleeding, no hairs fell out, MAYBE? a single graft came out, but again no bleeding or pain. I know in wound care it is good to keep the wound moist for reepithelialization so I did the same... seems to have worked.

Do not rush to get scabs off. They do absolutely nothing.  Let them soften themselves with saline water and shower water, and then will fall off naturally

it should be fine, but there's no need to be overzealous in moisturising it. like plants, if you overwater them, they might rot instead. most likely you're fine, but after the first 2-3 days, there isn't a need to spray them that much. we can tell better if you post a picture though.

I'm guessing this is around day 5 or 6... it's about 3 weeks post-op now... aside: How is the density from your perspective? I don't have too much experience in this area.

LEFT:

image.thumb.png.f32a7dc74a990078a90aa8a1a6d3335b.png

image.png.923033a0c73d61df4a4333672f88c32d.png

RIGHT:

image.png.e38064f5ba87c61e37d740d18b34ef34.png

19 minutes ago, jxlegend said:

I'm guessing this is around day 5 or 6... it's about 3 weeks post-op now... aside: How is the density from your perspective? I don't have too much experience in this area.

LEFT:

image.thumb.png.f32a7dc74a990078a90aa8a1a6d3335b.png

image.png.923033a0c73d61df4a4333672f88c32d.png

RIGHT:

image.png.e38064f5ba87c61e37d740d18b34ef34.png

at first glance density doesnt look good. who was your surgeon? and how many grafts/?

4 minutes ago, jxlegend said:

1500 grafts to the temples... I'll reveal surgeon in a few months when results become more clear whether good or bad

Fair enough 

Density looks okay on the right side but poor on the left. 

I guess this is because you already started shedding, right ? 

it's either that some grafts already shed or... yeah, density isn't looking good... need a bit more, but depend on your hairstyle, it might not matter. hopefully they'd turn out fine

Maybe this is a better picture? About 3.5 weeks post-op, I've shed quite a few hairs but maybe the little numbs/impressions of the hair remain and give you an idea of where the grafts are. Anyway:

left:

image.thumb.png.ed6ce5fa5be730d976cf2fca2a3827fc.png

right:

image.thumb.png.a092cde630d4da788fe95bc22f50bfbe.png

Edited by jxlegend

• 2 months later...

3 month update:

image.png.e3616fe52810ad737216088c3481dfcb.png

image.png.22bfa1142f6a003250269c9dd4ccfb0f.png

Right side is growing more quickly, but left side should have more grafts.

So I guess it's FINE to get the scabs off extremely early, like 3-4 days as long as they're ready to go.

Edited by jxlegend