Hairline height from eyebrows

What is your hairline height from eyebrows after FUE procedure?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are engineering principles that apply to most of us.  It is called the rule of thirds.  (Chin to nose, nose to eyebrow, eyebrow to hairline).  Tends to be 7 cm.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

I was told that since I'm norwood 6 (good donor area ~8000),  I should go for 8 cm from eyebrows, or the lower hairline can be maximum ~ 7.5 cm.
however, since originally I have 6 or 6.5 cm height, I'm a little bit worried with the 8cm option.

Should I avoid it (8 cm option) ?

Can sombody post 8cm result example?

• Valued Contributor
Just now, Fmulder said:

I was told that since I'm norwood 6 (good donor area ~8000),  I should go for 8 cm from eyebrows, or the lower hairline can be maximum ~ 7.5 cm.
however, since originally I have 6 or 6.5 cm height, I'm a little bit worried with the 8cm option.

You need a hairline that you will grow into, not out of as you age. All the best.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fmulder said:

I'm 3.5 months post-op, so not that close to final result, but mine was lowered from roughly 9cm to 8cm.  I'd say about 2/3 of what appears to be lowering in that picture is actual lowering, while the remaining 3rd is native hair that was shaved pre-op (and is therefore shorter than the rest of the hair behind it).  Gatsby makes a very good point.  It depends on overall facial structure, race, and how well you want to age with the hairline.  If you're a long headed Scandinavian with that loss progression going for a Reaganesque look would be ridiculous. Anything below 7cm I'd imagine would be odd looking as you age for most people - especially if you don't have very strong hair everywhere else.  What you don't want is to lower so much that you don't have enough grafts to cover the rest of the areas where you lose hair (if loss progresses, which it likely will at least to some degree at some point).

293017707_313888784203263_1230896071304206815_n.jpg

60C8F292-97D4-42B4-A41F-6E97A3D0CD2E.jpeg

0ADDDE5B-B1E3-4729-AF18-DDE33A38BD99.jpeg

Edited by John1991
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Mine is just under 8 cm. I wish it was slightly lower, but I don't have the donor for it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.