Recommended HT clinics / Doctors in Turkey?

Hi all! 

After a few years of wearing a hair system, I now have 2 young kids and it just doesn’t fit around my life anymore. My only option is surgery and I am excited by the thought of not having to worry about Tapes, dying the hair system, swimming pools and so on, in the near future. 

I live in the UK and turkey seems to be the best options (travel costs, number of places to choose, travel times, costs) - but I DO NOT want to get caught out by media hype, fake reviews, huge instagram followings, etc. 

Can you advise on the test clinics / Drs in this region? 

Thank you 

Luke

Read my previous posts. I have talked a lot about Turkey. 

Short answer is: 99% of clinics in Turkey are hairmills. Be careful. 

You can't just shave your head after a failed hair transplant because you will have FUE odd-looking white dot type of scarring. 

The only handful few reliable options in Turkey I would ever trust are 

Bicer: solid work and one of the best post-op care in the industry. Very nice person but if you are looking for recovering a Norwood 6 for example then she might not the best option

Keser: very meticulous and involved doc. Often criticized for not using microscopes. Takes only on small Norwoods. Good option if you are a Nw 2-3.

Gur and Turan: good doctors. Solid work. Although slightly overhyped by this forum recently but so far never seen a bad result from them. If you are on a budget they are the way to go. 

Demirsoy: does one patient daily. Similar to the previous doc. Couple subpar results here and there. Not a magician but at 1.5€ per graft he is the best  

Pekiner: very good and natural hairline work but  cherry picks patients and often "aborts" surgeries...

Hlc ankara: historically considered the best and safest clinic in Turkey. They have some excellent results but also some really mediocre ones on the forum. 

These are your options in Turkey. Look no further. 

The rest is all russian roulette. You may get lucky but you may also get screwed for life. 

• Like 3

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. As you mentioned, after I posted this I have seen some of your other posts/replies, so I appreciate you giving me so much detail here… 

I am currently in the first WhatsApp discussion with Bicer and Turan - I’ll have a research into the others you mention. 

I thought Turkey (likely got slightly blinded by their marketing engines) - but after reading all the posts (after submitting my question) it seems there are some other great European destinations to consider. 

Away from Turkey, but in Europe, what would be your top tips? 

thanks again 🙌

• Like 1

• Administrators

Do not choose a clinic based on location. We have a list of recommended surgeons, feel free to submit some consultations. Make sure you do your due diligence and research each doctor here on the forum.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Lukealexandre said:

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. As you mentioned, after I posted this I have seen some of your other posts/replies, so I appreciate you giving me so much detail here… 

I am currently in the first WhatsApp discussion with Bicer and Turan - I’ll have a research into the others you mention. 

I thought Turkey (likely got slightly blinded by their marketing engines) - but after reading all the posts (after submitting my question) it seems there are some other great European destinations to consider. 

Away from Turkey, but in Europe, what would be your top tips? 

thanks again 🙌

Of course there are better options than Turkey but they are more expensive. 

Pinto, Bisanga, Freitas, Couto, Feriduni, Mwamba, Ferreira, Ximena, Muresanu Hattingen, HDC Cyprus, BHR Malaga/Athens 

1 hour ago, Nurses take over said:

Of course there are better options than Turkey but they are more expensive. 

Pinto, Bisanga, Freitas, Couto, Feriduni, Mwamba, Ferreira, Ximena, Muresanu Hattingen, HDC Cyprus, BHR Malaga/Athens 

who is ximena keep seeing this name pop up

3 hours ago, sukh123 said:

who is ximena keep seeing this name pop up

Ximena Villa. 

Both Ximena and Ferreira used to work under Lorenzo. They're highly skilled doctors.

They both left and opened their own clinics. 

While Lorenzo has chosen quantity over quality and hence has become a notorious hairmill, Ferreira & Ximena seem more ethical and meticulous. They do solid work. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nurses take over said:

You can't just shave your head after a failed hair transplant because you will have FUE odd-looking white dot type of scarring. 

Bicer: solid work and one of the best post-op care in the industry. Very nice person but if you are looking for recovering a Norwood 6 for example then she might not the best option

Keser: very meticulous and involved doc. Often criticized for not using microscopes. Takes only on small Norwoods. Good option if you are a Nw 2-3.

Gur and Turan: good doctors. Solid work. Although slightly overhyped by this forum recently but so far never seen a bad result from them. If you are on a budget they are the way to go. 

Demirsoy: does one patient daily. Similar to the previous doc. Couple subpar results here and there. Not a magician but at 1.5€ per graft he is the best  

Pekiner: very good and natural hairline work but  cherry picks patients and often "aborts" surgeries...

Hlc ankara: historically considered the best and safest clinic in Turkey. They have some excellent results but also some really mediocre ones on the forum. 

The rest is all russian roulette. You may get lucky but you may also get screwed for life. 

Any idea what clinic Keser works with? His webpage doesn’t load.
Also Whats the reason you left out Doganay? The limited research i did so far didn’t bring any flags and his hairline work looked decent 

thanks

13 minutes ago, Karbid said:

Any idea what clinic Keser works with? His webpage doesn’t load.
Also Whats the reason you left out Doganay? The limited research i did so far didn’t bring any flags and his hairline work looked decent 

thanks

Doganay ? 

He is similar to Civas and Karadeniz. 

Doganay has a pretty bad reputation. I've seen a guy who posted a really bad result from him on youtube. 

Also there were a cases discussed by youtuber tenermaspelo. 

One of them was another patient who got a poor result and he had to battle it out to obtain a refund from Doganay. First he was ignoring him and then later Doganay agreed to refund 50%. Something like that...

In other words, I would avoid Doganay honestly. 

Keser is okay for the most part. 

He is a very meticulous doctor and he probably won't botch you.  Problem is he cherry picks his patients and generally takes only on guys who are Norwood 3 maximum. 

Keser is a good option for small procedures. 

He is not bad but at 3.5€ per graft you can find better quality with Freitas, Pinto or even Ferreira. 

Edited by Nurses take over
  • Like 1

Thanks for giving me the detail, i browsed through other forums and the stories like that wasnt mentioned or as my missus says i have horse blinkers and I missed it :) 

im NW3 on my worse days, hence i hope i would be right candidate for him, ive seen quite few hairline designs he did and I really loved it

Yeah he is on the higher side cost wise but also have realistic graft counts so i would hope the price is offset to some degree.

Ill google the other names :) thanks!

• 6 months later...
On 7/11/2022 at 9:41 PM, THE TRUTH said:

How about Dr Yaman?

• Valued Contributor
On 7/12/2022 at 1:28 AM, Lukealexandre said:

Hi all! 

After a few years of wearing a hair system, I now have 2 young kids and it just doesn’t fit around my life anymore. My only option is surgery and I am excited by the thought of not having to worry about Tapes, dying the hair system, swimming pools and so on, in the near future. 

I live in the UK and turkey seems to be the best options (travel costs, number of places to choose, travel times, costs) - but I DO NOT want to get caught out by media hype, fake reviews, huge instagram followings, etc. 

Can you advise on the test clinics / Drs in this region? 

Thank you 

Luke

It seems from your post tht you want a doctor whos results are good and they charge reasonable price ....imo u should consider dr turan ,dr yaman,dr bicer(bt recently she hiked price so she may be out of budget for u),dr Camacho ,dr nader,dr das(eugnix),dr kongkiat laowrong ...

And if u jave budget around 4 euros thn there are many more excellent options in and around Europe 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

I had a two day surgery with Dr. Yaman on the 30th and 31st of last month, over 6000 follicles.  I’m only 10 days in but feel pretty confident in recommending Dr. Yaman. He along with his staff were very professional and caring.  When time permits, I will write a very thorough review of the whole experience.

• 9 months later...
On 7/12/2022 at 12:30 PM, THE TRUTH said:

Ximena Villa. 

Both Ximena and Ferreira used to work under Lorenzo. They're highly skilled doctors.

They both left and opened their own clinics. 

While Lorenzo has chosen quantity over quality and hence has become a notorious hairmill, Ferreira & Ximena seem more ethical and meticulous. They do solid work. 

really??? Lorenzo an hair mill??