How is hlc in general and for repair jobs?

Hi. Im a diffuse thinner and had a transplant before. The result isnt the best but Id like to go and do an operation to just get a hairline i want and some density added to certain spots. Is hlc good for something like that. Do they use body hair as well and does anyone know what they charge per graft these days? Thank you

• Administrators

I haven’t seen any repairs from that clinic. My advice is to use our advanced search page and look up repairs. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, Hah6788887 said:

Hi. Im a diffuse thinner and had a transplant before. The result isnt the best but Id like to go and do an operation to just get a hairline i want and some density added to certain spots. Is hlc good for something like that. Do they use body hair as well and does anyone know what they charge per graft these days? Thank you

HLC uses body hair, beard grafts, which could be used when scalp donor grafts are not enough for full coverage. they charge about 2.5 euro per graft if you select specific dates they offer. Pekiner would be also a good option for using body grafts (beard hair). Eugenix is also good enough for using beard hair as donor and it has lower price packages, if you can't afford the premium ones.

A second transplant isn't necessarily a "repair".  Even if the first one had low survival, I would think any clinic could handle that. A repair, to me, is one that requires removing bad grafts, filling in bald spots in the donor, or working around lots of scars. 

I know they do plenty of beard extractions and when I was there they were working on a patient that had unhappy results from another clinic. But I can't recall specific cases on here like that. 

I would think any top clinic handle this. 

3 hours ago, Hah6788887 said:

What do you mean by removing bad grafts? Like grafts not placed well? Don't grafts either fall out or start growing ?

There are lot of threads here with real repairs. Here's a recent one. The temples are terrible and needed to be removed. 

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/64494-dr-mwamba-june-2022-asli-tarcan-botch-job-repair

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 12:17 PM, MachoVato said:

A second transplant isn't necessarily a "repair".  Even if the first one had low survival, I would think any clinic could handle that. A repair, to me, is one that requires removing bad grafts, filling in bald spots in the donor, or working around lots of scars. 

I know they do plenty of beard extractions and when I was there they were working on a patient that had unhappy results from another clinic. But I can't recall specific cases on here like that. 

I would think any top clinic handle this. 

I used to think the same way in terms of what defines a “repair.” However, you must remember, after grafts are implanted in a zone at decent density, it introduces a lot of scar tissue, which in turn reduces healthy blood supply in case more grafts need to be implanted in that same zone.

So if there’s low yield, it makes future surgeries more difficult and likely affects the yield too. That’s why it’s important to get it right the first time around.

• Sad 1

If you already had a poor transplant AND suffer from diffuse, you can't afford to waste precious donor. Go to an elite surgeon in Spain if possible. The extra price you pay is worth it for the better planning and result. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 7:05 AM, Z-- said:

If you already had a poor transplant AND suffer from diffuse, you can't afford to waste precious donor. Go to an elite surgeon in Spain if possible. The extra price you pay is worth it for the better planning and result. 

Whod u recommend in Spain that's elite? I'm looking at bisanga right now and heard the Spanish doctors have crazy weight times

• Like 1

Hard to say man. 

They have some good repair cases on their youtube. Especially one that was really impressive on a turkish guy who also shared his case on sacekimisonuclari. 

Sadly they have  failed repairs too...Check out Lemonc on belicapelli and donnie10 on alopeziede. 

In Spain/Portugal Freitas, Pinto, Couto are considered elite. 

Ximena and Ferreira are also very close. 

Be careful with Lorenzo. He is a hairmill. 

Other decent options are Heinecke, Burgos, Medecap, BHR Malaga, Alfonso junior, Javier Alvarez. They are okay but not as good as the first 3. 

I believe Bisanga and Pinto are your safest bets for a repair surgery.