Is there any going back once you have your first HT - A not very discussed question it seems

• Administrators

There’s no way you can fully eliminate hair transplant scars. You can laser of transplanted hair, get smp to your donor, but you will never look 100%. Hair transplants are a serious lifelong commitment. If you have the idea of shaving in your mind do it first! If you don’t like a shaved head, chances are you never will.  If you do like a shaved head, well there’s your solution. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

There’s no way you can fully eliminate hair transplant scars. You can laser of transplanted hair, get smp to your donor, but you will never look 100%. Hair transplants are a serious lifelong commitment. If you have the idea of shaving in your mind do it first! If you don’t like a shaved head, chances are you never will.  If you do like a shaved head, well there’s your solution. 

Yep well said. Although at least from looking at Mister Rolandas videos it seems like the FUE scarring is pretty darn minimal. If he was a "bad case" of scarring I'm not too worried about being able to eventually go able to go clean shaven down to the skin if I want to.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Yep well said. Although at least from looking at Mister Rolandas videos it seems like the FUE scarring is pretty darn minimal. If he was a "bad case" of scarring I'm not too worried about being able to eventually go able to go clean shaven down to the skin if I want to.

Yes I saw his recent video. I think his scars aren’t ideal, but still not bad. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, JimKan1 said:

Most of the people who do 1 HT and then dont want to keep chasing the hairloss or take meds do SMP

Ya I'm hoping I can get away with 2 HT's over the course of my life and possibly some SMP

No hair loss at all on my mothers side, but grandfather and uncle on dads side had hair loss albeit not very aggressive. 

• Like 1