This may come as a shock, but.....

Rocky

There are alternatives to the 'chosen few'...

From reading this forum ( and others), it would be understandable if new readers thought that there were only about 5 HT surgeons in the world who were capable of getting good results. The constant bickering about who can do what, when and how gets a little bit pathetic sometimes and smacks of snobbery.

The vested interest of some of our so-called advisors is a little too transparent to be taken seriously.

Basically there are inconsistencies from all surgeons and, significantly, all heads. The recent chat about a disgruntled H & W patient must have had the inner sanctum ducking and diving for cover.

I must say that any company who pays a 'rep' to surf these pages is entering into the much maligned Bosley marketing territory.

Anyway, I intend to fly the flag for some of our other talented Doc's. Dr Knudsen, who did my work, is top notch, yet he is rarely mentioned. Dr Matineck is another Australian Dr who is excellent.

Open ye olde eyes, boys, and realise that there are talented people in the world who come from places other than the USA.

Oh, and unlike some, I'm not paid to say this.

There are alternatives to the 'chosen few'...

From reading this forum ( and others), it would be understandable if new readers thought that there were only about 5 HT surgeons in the world who were capable of getting good results. The constant bickering about who can do what, when and how gets a little bit pathetic sometimes and smacks of snobbery.

The vested interest of some of our so-called advisors is a little too transparent to be taken seriously.

Basically there are inconsistencies from all surgeons and, significantly, all heads. The recent chat about a disgruntled H & W patient must have had the inner sanctum ducking and diving for cover.

I must say that any company who pays a 'rep' to surf these pages is entering into the much maligned Bosley marketing territory.

Anyway, I intend to fly the flag for some of our other talented Doc's. Dr Knudsen, who did my work, is top notch, yet he is rarely mentioned. Dr Matineck is another Australian Dr who is excellent.

Open ye olde eyes, boys, and realise that there are talented people in the world who come from places other than the USA.

Oh, and unlike some, I'm not paid to say this.

Rocky,

Good comments, however I dont think sites like this and others are bias toward a group of certain doctors-- these 4-5 doctors you reference as being labeld the better ones is mostly based not only on patient results/feedback but also on published litature, lectures, conferences, and general peer to peer opinions from other HT doctors who recgonize certain doctors for being leaders in the field. NOt to say other doctors like yours do not provide good results, they just might not be as popular among their peers as others due to various factors (geography being one). Your pics look good and I'm sure your happy with the work. Thanks for posting comments and result pics of your work from Dr. Knudsen.

By the way, Knudsen has been mention on this site several times along with Woods who along with Matineck are also mentioned favorably.

Rocky,

The "top 5" mentioned on this board are not all from the USA. Some are from Canada. I live in teh USA and went to Canada for my HT. I am sure there are other very good Docs out there but they probably don't have the client base the ones mentioned most often do - possibly because of location. Do you have any pre-op picts?

G'day Rocky,

I also agree with my Smoothy brutha.

US, Canada, Australia.... One thing's for sure: there is not one decent surgeon in the UK or even in Europe, with the exception of Dr Zontos in Athens.

By the way it's Martinick, not Matineck.

Have a good w-e down under.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

We tend to talk about which doctors are the "best" here, not so much interest in who's pretty good, not bad, so-so, decently okay, and so on.

Not that many people can be called "the best" in any one field. Think of a bell curve, not everybody can be in the upper percentage.

In my opinion guys shouldn't bother with the "okay" surgeons, these are the ones who are inconsistent (and please don't gamble with your looks) or just average. In my opinion an "average" transplant looks like a transplant, and that is pointless.

I personally think the number of truly great doctors in the field is very very small. I'm not suggesting any of them are infallible by the way, just saying that in my opinion the list of great ones is small... very small.

If other guys think that the list of great doctors is bigger than my list, that's fine by me. Some folks may even think that the great transplant doctors are swarming all over the world. Remember that a hair transplant isn't like removing your tonsils, where there is one final result and probably only one way to do it. There's an infinite number of different ways to transplant the same guy, and it's all about the subtle details, once a doctor has risen beyond the "pretty good" level... and then there is the matter of consistency... the lack of "off" days. The ability to do great work on a wide variety of guys. Personally, I think the number of doctors who fit this criteria is small... very small.

I recommend guys choose a great doctor to do their transplant (or not do it at all). Everyone should decide for themselves which doctors are great, and which doctors are just "pretty good".

Choose wisely.