1400 graphs, is that enough to notice the donor area?

I was wondering if 1400 graphs for a first time HT could lead to over harvesting in the donor area. This is for a person who is trying to grow their hair long in the future. Can 1400 graphs have an impact or a noticeable affect 

if you don't have diffuse thinning, and pick a proper doctor, it shouldn't happen.

since this is your first time, unless the surgeon harvest only on limited area isntead all around, then yes it's possible to see significant thinning on the area compared to the rest of your head. otherwise, you should be fine. to make your donor look overharvested with 1.4k graft would need the surgeon to transect and harvest on a select area. other than that, it would be because of permanent shock loss which is very rare.

3 hours ago, mafpe said:

if you don't have diffuse thinning, and pick a proper doctor, it shouldn't happen.

since this is your first time, unless the surgeon harvest only on limited area isntead all around, then yes it's possible to see significant thinning on the area compared to the rest of your head. otherwise, you should be fine. to make your donor look overharvested with 1.4k graft would need the surgeon to transect and harvest on a select area. other than that, it would be because of permanent shock loss which is very rare.

Okay thank you man. That makes sense 

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, Jay00 said:

I was wondering if 1400 graphs for a first time HT could lead to over harvesting in the donor area. This is for a person who is trying to grow their hair long in the future. Can 1400 graphs have an impact or a noticeable affect 

This can only happen with a bad surgeon and if your already have something like senile alopecia. But it's such a low number of grafts (for a hair transplant) that it shouldn't happen. All the best!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gatsby said:

This can only happen with a bad surgeon and if your already have something like senile alopecia. But it's such a low number of grafts (for a hair transplant) that it shouldn't happen. All the best!

Thank you mate. You always respond and give advice. Thank you bro ! You’re a good one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jay00 said:

Thank you mate. You always respond and give advice. Thank you bro ! You’re a good one

Adrian is one of a kind

Even tho he is not doing it for the money, imo he deserves some financial incentive

Idk how it all works on this forum regarding payouts etc, but I'm sure @Melvin- Moderator would've considered it already if it is/was possible..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It really shouldn't happen like other people said if all other factors are right (decent donor, good doctor, etc.). But you need to be a bit careful because even with elite surgeons I've seen 1,400 grafts can lead to overharvesting. It's impossible to say.See @Captain Haddock as an unfortunate example of the latter.

My point is to warn you that even smaller hair transplants carry a large risk and you shouldn't skimp on $$ or research.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
11 minutes ago, SimpleLife said:

Adrian is one of a kind

Even tho he is not doing it for the money, imo he deserves some financial incentive

Idk how it all works on this forum regarding payouts etc, but I'm sure @Melvin- Moderator would've considered it already if it is/was possible..

@SimpleLife will that be in cash or Bitcoin? 🤣 But seriously thank you for the kind words mate. But I get a lot out of being able to help others. I feel incredibly fortunate to be where I am today and to have gotten through all life's challenges along the way without it defining who I am. If I can prevent one person from making the mistakes that I made when I was in my late teens then what I have been through has been worthwhile. Sometimes your poison is your cure! 🙏

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Jay00 said:

No matter how many grafts are extracted from the scalp, there will be a visible absence of hair in the extracted areas. There will also be microscopic scarring that will not be visible to the naked eyes. However, if fine punches are used and the donor extraction is done meticulously then not much of a visible difference will be seen. If you keep your donor area fully shaved then the absence of hair will be slightly visible. If you keep your hair at a certain length then it will not be visible.

• Thanks 1