3 months mark (90 days) tomorrow after HT and not much happening

On 9/21/2022 at 10:47 AM, GoliGoliGoli said:

This is something I've had on my mind lately. I have a pretty active dating life and just recently started hanging out with one girl pretty regularly. HT is scheduled for Nov 8th so I guess I'll either just tell her or ghost, because can't really make a 3-4 month excuse!

Lol. Oh man Goli! Please don't ghost! ;) I understand the temptation and that it'd be easier to ghost than to be upfront - but there's also a middle ground. You don't have to be completely honest if you don't feel comfortable with that, but you could also give a vague reason and let her know you need to take some time to yourself for some personal matters so that she's not left wondering what happened. Psychologically, that can be a very rough experience for people on the receiving end of that. 

I recommend being upfront and honest about the HT, because I assure you the vast majority of people don't judge men getting a hair transplant in the slightest...  Especially if you're confident about it and don't see it as an issue yourself. And who knows, it could lead to a very beautiful relationship. Buuut if you're not up for that, just don't disappear on her. We need to collectively be mindful not to let our own insecurities and self-doubt allow us to knowingly inflict pain on others - even if it seems like the easy way out. :)

• Like 3

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

30 minutes ago, pkipling said:

Lol. Oh man Goli! Please don't ghost! ;) I understand the temptation and that it'd be easier to ghost than to be upfront - but there's also a middle ground. You don't have to be completely honest if you don't feel comfortable with that, but you could also give a vague reason and let her know you need to take some time to yourself for some personal matters so that she's not left wondering what happened. Psychologically, that can be a very rough experience for people on the receiving end of that. 

I recommend being upfront and honest about the HT, because I assure you the vast majority of people don't judge men getting a hair transplant in the slightest...  Especially if you're confident about it and don't see it as an issue yourself. And who knows, it could lead to a very beautiful relationship. Buuut if you're not up for that, just don't disappear on her. We need to collectively be mindful not to let our own insecurities and self-doubt allow us to knowingly inflict pain on others - even if it seems like the easy way out. :)

Well said King. I'm not typically a self conscious or shy person when it comes to appearance or life in general, and I've never been one to hide my imperfections because by owning up to them it makes you stronger and more respectable. But my hair loss has always been my Achilles heal in this regard! Most of my loss has been in the crown so I've always been able to hide it pretty easily with hair fiber and such so I guess I've been lucky in that regard. 

But ya you're correct I won't straight ghost her. I have too much of a guilty conscience for that sort of behavior so I'll either own up to the HT or come up with something else.

Edited by GoliGoliGoli
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 6:13 PM, SoSoz said:

@NickJ how is donor looking nowadays? 

I will post a pic in the next day

I had a video showing everything for this week but just saw we can't post videos

On 9/30/2022 at 3:00 AM, John1991 said:

lol. I was in this exact situation and completely ghosted.  Oh well.  She was cute, but I knew pretty early on it was going to be more like a 5-6 month excuse, so no point in even bothering.  Continued chatting with some chicks on "Hinge" right after surgery as if things were normal, but then deleted it.  6 months in and I still haven't started an account back.  Honestly, the break from dating was way less hard than the general break from normal life.

Also, things are looking good man.  I bet things will thicken up a bit more in the coming months too.

Same bro just now going back in the dating game.These 6 months were less hard than I thought 

If you are happy, I am happy for you!

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY