First time member with many questions

LT

OK I am 28 years old balding since I was 20. I have lost a lot of confidence and at times have been depressed about losing my hair since I try to keep up with my looks working out at the gym, etc.

I had a HT done at 21 years old with 200 grafts in the front of my head. As years went by I covered up my hair loss by using Dermatch. I used rogaine no results, propecia 6 months no results, avacor 4 months no results, hair loss never stopped.

I'm really not empressed with the HT I recieved, I now have to comb my hair forward instead of back like I use to because my hair is really thin in the front. I am ready for another HT with about 1500 grafts and I use the LASERCOMB twice a week.

My Questions are

1. Has anyone ever heard or used CONNECTICUT HAIR AND TRANSPLANT GROUP IN CONNECTICUT WITH Dr. Goldstein?

2. Is the LASERCOMB really effective?

3. I wear baseball caps a lot because of my thinning hair, is that one of the reason's my hair keeps falling out?

4. Should I get back on Propecia? How long is does it take to start working?

OK I am 28 years old balding since I was 20. I have lost a lot of confidence and at times have been depressed about losing my hair since I try to keep up with my looks working out at the gym, etc.

I had a HT done at 21 years old with 200 grafts in the front of my head. As years went by I covered up my hair loss by using Dermatch. I used rogaine no results, propecia 6 months no results, avacor 4 months no results, hair loss never stopped.

I'm really not empressed with the HT I recieved, I now have to comb my hair forward instead of back like I use to because my hair is really thin in the front. I am ready for another HT with about 1500 grafts and I use the LASERCOMB twice a week.

My Questions are

1. Has anyone ever heard or used CONNECTICUT HAIR AND TRANSPLANT GROUP IN CONNECTICUT WITH Dr. Goldstein?

2. Is the LASERCOMB really effective?

3. I wear baseball caps a lot because of my thinning hair, is that one of the reason's my hair keeps falling out?

4. Should I get back on Propecia? How long is does it take to start working?

LT,

Welcome to the boards. You're doing the right thing by asking questions and I can help you with a few.

I have never used the Lasercomb but I've heard good things about it. Baseball caps do NOT cause thinning hair or balding.

And YES...you should get back on Propecia. It'll start working the day you use it, but you won't notice for about 6 months or longer.

Good luck!

Welcome, and yes get back and stay on Propecia and 5% Rogain-- especially if your getting a HT-- this will help preserve those FUs.

I have not heard of Dr. Goldstein in CN, their is a Goldstein on the West coast but I think it is a different one.

One piece of advise, given that your a previous HT patient, I would recommend spending the extra $300 to fly to one of the top surgeons in the industry because you have previous grafts that need the best expertise to correct/fill in, plus you have donor scaring that needs to be consolidated during your next HT. So do your research based on expertise not location, than make a good decision.

Best of luck.

Hey Smoothy and Brando

Thanks for replying,

After doing research and looking back when I had my first HT 7 years ago when was 21 years old, 200 grafts in the front hairline really doesn't sound like much to cover the are. Do you think I should still see results from that?

When I look really close I can see the Ht hairs but spread out, not enough coverage.

Can you suggest a HT doctor in Connecticut or NYC for me?

Thanks