Recommendations near Orlando

Hi, I live near Orlando FL and was wondering if anyone had recommendations for clinics in the area. I checked the map but everything listed in Florida is down by Miami which is a 5 hour drive for me.  I’ve spoken to a couple of local clinics - Dr Katona is apparently a well known practitioner and now has an office nearby having recently relocated from Chicago.

Thanks!

KeraptisBlah,

You’ve probably heard this before however, in my humble and honest opinion, don’t let location or cost determine which hair transplant surgeon you ultimately select for your procedure. While I know it’s much more convenient to go to somebody local and many individuals are limited by budget, most educated prospective patients travel (sometimes quite extensively) to undergo surgery with the physician they are most impressed with.

Many hair transplant clinics will compensate out of town patients by providing them with free overnight accommodations and pay for travel expenses.  In some cases, it’s easier to travel then to go somewhere local because you aren’t directly responsible for driving home after the procedure and can rely on others to transport you back to the hotel and even stay a couple nights near the clinic to make sure there are no issues.  And in most cases, there are no additional out-of-pocket expenses for you. And it ensures that you’ve selected surgeon who are fully confident in without the worry of unknown results.

as far as cost is concerned, most people are limited in terms of their budget however, the careful not to select a clinic strictly based on price. Instead, if a hair surgeon you are most impressed with his charging bit more, take the time to save the money you need to get it done right the first time.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, KeraptisBlah said:

Hi, I live near Orlando FL and was wondering if anyone had recommendations for clinics in the area. I checked the map but everything listed in Florida is down by Miami which is a 5 hour drive for me.  I’ve spoken to a couple of local clinics - Dr Katona is apparently a well known practitioner and now has an office nearby having recently relocated from Chicago.

Thanks!

Never let location dictate your choice. Select a surgeon based on results and reviews. There are some excellent choices in Florida, like Dr. Rose and Nusbaum in Miami, Dr. Glenn Charles in Boca Raton. I suggest using our forum as a resource to research, take your time, do not rush.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the replies, I am certainly open to considering clinics further afield, it would just be convenient if anyone knew of a great practitioner in my back yard. 😛

I have pretty extensive hair loss (and a big head, so there’s a lot of ground to cover 😅). As a result, the few clinics I have spoken to so far all heavily suggested I go for FUT to maximize the amount of hair that could be harvested.  Here’s a top of head picture.

image.thumb.jpeg.5476d45673e002154fed18dae3fcec16.jpeg