Laser Hat Therapy

GoliGoliGoli

Hi all, hopefully this is the right sub for this topic.

I recently started Min and am planning to do a HT in November. I don't want to take Fin, but am curious about Laser Cap therapy.

In a consult I had with a well established Dr, his assistant mentioned that the Capillus was basically just a Chinese knockoff that doesn't work. He recommended their prescription only option. The problem is the prescription option is $2500 and the Capillus is like $900 I think. So, 2 questions

1. Do either of these things really work?

2. Is the prescription option worth the extra money?

Thanks!

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

• Administrators

I use laser cap, it’s definitely been working for me, it uses actual lasers, most caps use LEDs.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I use laser cap, it’s definitely been working for me, it uses actual lasers, most caps use LEDs.

Is their a link to the specific product you use? Or a model number or any other identifying details that I could share with my dermatologist? I'm assuming this is one that is by prescription only?

Thanks for your response

• Like 1

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Is their a link to the specific product you use? Or a model number or any other identifying details that I could share with my dermatologist? I'm assuming this is one that is by prescription only?

Thanks for your response

It’s not prescription, its this one

https://lasercap.com

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

33 minutes ago, Kashnw7hope said:

Hi Melvin ,

Did it use to be prescription ? What is the process ? Just sign up and purchase ? 

Basically. The 3 options are $1200, $2500, $3000 respectively. Good lord that is pricey. I wonder if anyone has any before/after pictures

Guys, please please please, do NOT waste your time and money on those ridiculous 'magic caps'. If they really worked, hair loss would have been solved a long time ago and HT doctors would have gone bust. 

Now if you are going in this whole 'Yes, but I got 42 fuzzy lil' hairs in three years' rabbit-hole, good for you, but you are not solving any problems. I went down the same self-deluded path with vitamins many years ago and ended up spending a goodly sum on snake oil. Fin & Minox work for maintenance, then, if you are lucky and you are a good candidate for an HT in your 40's, go for it. 

But please don't torture yourselves with magic caps that maybe, possibly, under a certain light, regrow five fuzzy hairs. 

On 6/7/2022 at 5:27 AM, StillAlive said:

Guys, please please please, do NOT waste your time and money on those ridiculous 'magic caps'. If they really worked, hair loss would have been solved a long time ago and HT doctors would have gone bust. 

Now if you are going in this whole 'Yes, but I got 42 fuzzy lil' hairs in three years' rabbit-hole, good for you, but you are not solving any problems. I went down the same self-deluded path with vitamins many years ago and ended up spending a goodly sum on snake oil. Fin & Minox work for maintenance, then, if you are lucky and you are a good candidate for an HT in your 40's, go for it. 

But please don't torture yourselves with magic caps that maybe, possibly, under a certain light, regrow five fuzzy hairs. 

Ya this is the same conclusions I've come to. Definitely not worth the money when you consider the "results". 

You mention waiting until your 40's for a HT. Is that simply because by that point you should have stabilized and wont be chasing HT after HT? I'm 33 and considering going for a HT with Dr Nader, but with the understanding I may need another one or two later on.

Yes, as in, at that point, you'll have a pretty clear indication of your final NW and also your progression will be fairly stable, so you may get away with one or two transplants, depending on your need and preference. I'm getting one now at 40 and I think I'll go back in at around 50. 

But hell, ten years is forever. Maybe a miracle pill will come along by then, or maybe I simply won't care any more. 

A lot of men get HT's at 32 but it's a risky age, as hairloss has not stabilized. Mine did an insane sprint between 38-40 which coincided with me going through the worst stress of my life. So until you are sorted for work, kids, necessary divorce and bitter legal battle and you have all those horrors take their toll on your mane, then you can start repairing the damage :D 

• Administrators

No one is saying laser helmets are magic. I do believe they help your hair grow faster, also keep more hairs in the anagen phase on your scalp. It’s similar to PRP, except you don’t have to keep getting it done. It’s a good adjunct to add to the regiment, and definitely good to add if you want to see faster growth from your HT

View my thread

33 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

No one is saying laser helmets are magic. I do believe they help your hair grow faster, also keep more hairs in the anagen phase on your scalp. It’s similar to PRP, except you don’t have to keep getting it done. It’s a good adjunct to add to the regiment, and definitely good to add if you want to see faster growth from your HT

True, I don't deny their is some benefit. But $2500 is like 1/3 the price of a 4000 graft hair transplant at a reputable clinic in Mexico. So for the money just seems better to save the $2500 and use it on a first of second HT (Assuming enough donor anyways)

• Like 1

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

True, I don't deny their is some benefit. But $2500 is like 1/3 the price of a 4000 graft hair transplant at a reputable clinic in Mexico. So for the money just seems better to save the $2500 and use it on a first of second HT (Assuming enough donor anyways)

It’s definitely not cheap, but considering it’s a one-time buy, in the long run it’s not that expensive. But yes, no doubt a hair transplant is infinitely more effective. If you can afford it I would get laser helmet. If you’re on a tight budget. Generic finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral is best. 

View my thread