Alternative to Rogaine

Hi gang. Hope that everyone is good. 

I am 50 year old, chasing Norwood V.  I am taking Rogaine, but am unfortunately having side effects (scalp inflammation, itchiness). I was wondering if anyone has found anything else that works? For example, the product Biogaine from Hairguard is being touted as effective but there is not any reliable reviews/ feedback online (that I can find). The Company seems credible - they have a lot of solutions and don’t seem to be a scam.

Look forward to hearing responses from the community here.

Much thanks !

Grant

Edited by Spiritmale
Misspelling

• Spiritmale changed the title to Alternative to Rogaine
  • Administrators

Topical finasteride. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Spiritmale said:

I am 50 year old, chasing Norwood V.  I am taking Rogaine, but am unfortunately having side effects (scalp inflammation, itchiness). I was wondering if anyone has found anything else that works? For example, the product Biogaine from Hairguard is being touted as effective but there is not any reliable reviews/ feedback online (that I can find). The Company seems credible - they have a lot of solutions and don’t seem to be a scam.

Much thanks !

Grant

have you tried the foam without PG (Propylene glycol)?  PG was irritating to me.

13 minutes ago, Spiritmale said:

I am using Lipogaine now which doesn’t have PG (still getting side effects).

i am trying topical Dutasteride as well without much benefit.

where you get your topical dutasteride from?

• 3 weeks later...

Technically speaking the best growth agonist for human scalp hair is oral estrogen followed by cyclosporine (much stronger than any kind of minoxidil no matter if 15% concentration, compounded with tretinoin or oral version) but these 2 are not considered viable options. 

Alfatradiol 

Clascoterone 

Bimatoprost

Latanoprost 

RU58841 

Fluridil (topical topilutamide) 

Topical estrogen 

Topical spironolactone 

Pirylutamide (in the future maybe) 

Stemoxydine 

Topical dutasteride/finasteride

Mesotherapy with Dutasteride 

Microneedling 

These are some of the growth stimulants and topical anti androgens that have at least some evidence to back up their efficacy. Some are certainly stronger than others but keep in mind none of them is a substitute for oral 5AR inhibitors such as Finasteride/Dutasteride. Especially not long term and if your hairloss is agressive. 

On 6/6/2022 at 3:28 PM, Spiritmale said:

Much thanks !

Grant

Hairguard is the GOAT ! 

Get their GROWBAND and bring the blüdflow into that Galea !