Hair Transplant Complications What Are They and How To Avoid Them?

• Administrators

Alright guys, 

What are some of the most common HT complications, what are they and how do you avoid them? I'll start, one is donor over harvesting. It occurs because too many grafts are removed at one time from the donor area, leading to a patchy moth-eaten appearance. It can be avoided by doing megasessions and choosing the right surgeon. 

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/hair-transplant-complications-what-are-they-and-how-avoid-themHT Complications.png

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey Melvin:

Good advice, but I think you want to avoid mega sessions. Doing smaller sessions would intuitively mean less likelihood of a moth-eaten donor pattern. By the way, how's your progress with your own mega session? Picking the right surgeons, in your case, is the magic bullet. Thankfully this Forum helps you avoid the mistakes and pitfalls of HTs.

Edited by Mountinvan

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Mountinvan said:

Hey Melvin:

Good advice, but I think you want to avoid mega sessions. Doing smaller sessions would intuitively mean less likelihood of a moth-eaten donor pattern. By the way, how's your progress with your own mega session? Picking the right surgeons, in your case, is the magic bullet. Thankfully this Forum helps you avoid the mistakes and pitfalls of HTs.

Yes, I’ve been torn on megasessions. On one hand, they’re risky. On the other, when done right, with the right clinic, they’re excellent. I look at @Zoomster and think my god, he achieved in two surgeries what many don’t in 5.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

51 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yes, I’ve been torn on megasessions. On one hand, they’re risky. On the other, when done right, with the right clinic, they’re excellent. I look at @Zoomster and think my god, he achieved in two surgeries what many don’t in 5.

Personally I don’t like the idea of mega sessions. Anything exceeding 4K grafts max is a big risk. If one thing goes wrong during surgery unnoticed and it results in poor growth, the patient just flushed more than half their donor supply. Slow and steady always wins.