Toppik/Nanofibers And UV light

Hey,

I am considering trying Toppik or Nanofibers, has anyone had any experience of either product under UV/Disco light?

I have read in the past that Toppik shows up under UV lighting, is this the case? and if so is this the case with Nanofibers also?

Hey Guys,

Thanks for replying.

Chuckisduck, I am still young and go to clubs most weekends, at the moment I choose clubs where I the dress code is not so strict and allow hats, but this is a hassle what with friends wanting to move from club to club ect.

I had a transplant a couple of month ago, I hope all the hat wearing will be behind me soon but while its growing in I am considering using Toppik/Nanofibers, I just dont want my head lighting up like a glow in the dark ball while walking around. icon_eek.gif lol

Maxxy - I have ordered my first toppik two months ago and I love it. I use it mostly everyday to work or going out. I apply a small portion of toppik with some hair spay and you are good to go. Took me 2mins only. The only issue i have is if you sweat alot or if its your hari get wet then you are screwed. I am planning to try out Couvre. I heard good review about it and resists water.

FEATURES COUVR?© TOPPIK

Hides the Scalp Yes Yes

Neutralizes Scalp's shine Yes Yes

Builds the hair Base Only Everywhere

Total Undetectable Yes Yes

Lasts thru Sweat, Rain, Wind Yes Yes

Lasts through Swimming Yes No

Shampoos Out Easily Yes Yes

Applies Precisely to spot Yes Covers Broader Area

For Both Crown and Hairline Yes Yes

Apply to Damp or Dry Scalp Either Dry Scalp Only

Time for Typical Application 2 Minutes 30 Seconds

Originally posted by Maxxy:

Hey Guys,

Thanks for replying.

Chuckisduck, I am still young and go to clubs most weekends, at the moment I choose clubs where I the dress code is not so strict and allow hats, but this is a hassle what with friends wanting to move from club to club ect.

I had a transplant a couple of month ago, I hope all the hat wearing will be behind me soon but while its growing in I am considering using Toppik/Nanofibers, I just dont want my head lighting up like a glow in the dark ball while walking around. icon_eek.gif lol

At least you still go out and enjoy it. Its gotta be a better club scene than in Tucson.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm I actually don't know about this with Toppik... That's a good question.

I currently use Empire Hair Max it has pH of 5.5 i think... Also with Dead Sea salt powder which is amazing!

Here's a link to a store if you are interested:

(promotional link removed - read our terms of service you agreed to)

Thanks for the Advert George icon_rolleyes.gif

I've only used Nanogen once when under UV lights and it didn't glow, (thank God, I didn't know it was a possibility!) can't answer for Toppik, let me know if you try it!

Although, if you use the white colour of anything surely it might? Wouldn't know my hair still dark

Thanks again for the replies everyone.

Haha yeah, still here Mr. GQ. I've been busy with work lately so not had much time come on.

I actually bought some light brown Nanogen last week, I tried to apply it to the transplanted area and it was a disaster, haha. It fell straight to the scalp and looked as though I had emptied an ashtray on my head. I then applied it to the crown area where I really don't need it but just to see what would happen... it did thicken the area and when I asked my partner to rub it in as I was holding the mirror - they said "Where is it? Have you put it on yet?" so atleast I know I have found a very good colour match.

I mustn't have enough hair in the receipt for the stuff to cling to yet. icon_frown.gif

I will buy a UV light when I get the chance and test if the light brown Nanogen shows up, will let you all know.

I will buy a UV light when I get the chance and test if the light brown Nanogen shows up, will let you all know.

atta boy maxxy and later on you can put it in your car on the back seat roof - trust me looks cool icon_smile.gif

i got little worried there bruv and stay away from those crazy UK rave parties and those happy pills.....they'll give you a heart attack icon_biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

Yeah, Nanogen does need some hair to work with! Hopefully as yours grows back a little it will start working better, it's a pity there isn't any way to cover really new HT hair though, apart from styling hair over it, although I spose you could add Nanogen to your other hair like you did and style it over to reduce the HT area? (not suggesting a combover though, that only ever goes one way!)

Anyway I'ms sure when your hair grows out a bit it'll look great anyway