Itchy scalp after 17 days

Hello guys.

So I had my HT 17 days ago, and so far everything is good. But my scalp is itching a lot. Is this normal after 17 days? If so, what can you recommend in order to stop it?

It drives me crazy haha.

itching is a common symptom post op for the 1st week or less. 17 days is unusual. 

Personally I don't know how to stop the itching. Ask your operating doc. If your doc is hard to get a hold of, a dermatologist may be able to help. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SLAbrah said:

Hello guys.

So I had my HT 17 days ago, and so far everything is good. But my scalp is itching a lot. Is this normal after 17 days? If so, what can you recommend in order to stop it?

It drives me crazy haha.

It is normal to have itching after 17 days. Your skin is healing and exfoliating. You can apply protein hair creams or serums on your scalp. It can help with the itching.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Itching is very common.  It will most likely subside soon.  Ask your doctor for a suggestion to alleviate the itching. 

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Slabrah,

itching is a common phenomenon during the hair transplant healing process.  Whatever you do, resist the urge to scratch your scalp especially with your nails.  Applying aloe vera gel after showering can assist with some of the itching.

One thing that I haven’t really seen anybody post about but it had always been a hidden gem for me is Nioxin conditioner.  I’m not sure if it’s the green tree extract or another ingredient but ultimately, applying  that to your scalp and leaving it on for about five minutes in the shower provides an extreme cooling affect and practically eliminates the itch for a while.  Couple that with applying aloe vera to your scalp when you get out of the shower, and it really helps.

Nioxin conditioner may be a little pricey but in my opinion, it’s worth it because it really does help with the itchiness.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.