What does this mean?

lunch_owl

So i spoke with a clinic in Turkey that claimed they had a TURSAB license. Its a membership that is given by the ministry of health for international medical tourism.

My questions are; what does this mean in terms of benefits? Is it safer? Is it better? What is the difference between a non TURSAB clinic and a clinic who has membership? I spoke with a clinic that said it is only 30 official clinics in Turkey. What are the rest? What does that mean? His english wasnt good so i didnt bother to ask. 

I believe this is mainly a travel agency licensing of some sort. I'M not entirely sure but I heard it is a some sort of tourism and travel agency licensing. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

9 hours ago, lunch_owl said:

So i spoke with a clinic in Turkey that claimed they had a TURSAB license. Its a membership that is given by the ministry of health for international medical tourism.

My questions are; what does this mean in terms of benefits? Is it safer? Is it better? What is the difference between a non TURSAB clinic and a clinic who has membership? I spoke with a clinic that said it is only 30 official clinics in Turkey. What are the rest? What does that mean? His english wasnt good so i didnt bother to ask. 

you'll have to look at who released the license, and what the license is for. like ISHRS for example, some doctors and clinic swears by it and say we are license so ofc we're legit. This is not wrong but not really what you want to look for. you can see some of the members running a hair mill. there is also a yearly fee iirc. different place, different agency, different forums all recommends different doctors. do your research, just because they have some good reviews or some qualifications mean that they are a great place.

for example, if the license is on cosmetic procedure, but the standard is simply on rhinoplasty, and they just happen to do hair transplant, does that mean they are qualified for it?

the affiliated clinics are usually paid members, which they will refer interested clients to. thats it, they have standards but you don't know how high or low it is.
you can check their website and ask about their doctors, then research them

• Like 1

• Administrators

Do not use agencies. They are usually associated with hair mills. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

I believe this is mainly a travel agency licensing of some sort. I'M not entirely sure but I heard it is a some sort of tourism and travel agency licensing. 

Maybe some sort of "marketing" tool that make it look more legit than others?

5 hours ago, mafpe said:

you'll have to look at who released the license, and what the license is for. like ISHRS for example, some doctors and clinic swears by it and say we are license so ofc we're legit. This is not wrong but not really what you want to look for. you can see some of the members running a hair mill. there is also a yearly fee iirc. different place, different agency, different forums all recommends different doctors. do your research, just because they have some good reviews or some qualifications mean that they are a great place.

for example, if the license is on cosmetic procedure, but the standard is simply on rhinoplasty, and they just happen to do hair transplant, does that mean they are qualified for it?

the affiliated clinics are usually paid members, which they will refer interested clients to. thats it, they have standards but you don't know how high or low it is.
you can check their website and ask about their doctors, then research them

So basically that license dosent have to mean anything, right? Its sounds like more of "pay us some money every month, and we will put a stamp on your company as certified to distinguish you from the rest" type of thing.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Do not use agencies. They are usually associated with hair mills. 

Interesting. Makes sense when i think about it.

can be summed up like that depending on who released the license and what the main purpose is. some are simply a "gathering", members get benefit of "news", or sometime invitation to seminars etc, the one you mentioned seems to be an organization catered to business, which tourism industry is one.

there are some legit one, but most are usually a dud. it's like trip advisor rated restaurant and michelin star restaurant. one is a crazy fest where even a fake restaurant can be london's best, where the other is vetted severely.