Hello there, I'm new to the community here, I hope everyone is good.

I have a silly question, because I'm little impatience.. 

Is my donor area overharvested? I'm now 10 days after my HT.
Any suggestions will help, thanks 🙂

F576EE92-C3B8-4B96-BC7C-C3DCDD747973.jpeg

F6FFF534-30A7-41A3-8771-8CD1832F7CED.jpeg

Thanks for the answer.. The clinic was Dr.Serkan Aygin in Turkey, the total amount of grafts was 4000 (as I was told).

These are some pics of my donor area before the HT.

1125F000-28C7-416C-B23A-B45E3F051A0E.jpeg

97A0D406-478A-4C59-BEA3-8099C0A5C6DA.jpeg

2F5B3C2B-BA09-4AF7-AC16-519A2A22E39B.jpeg

The doctor only drew the hairline, one other doctor did the holes in my hairline and the nurses did the extraction and placement.. the method was (DHI) but with how it went I think my hairline was (FUE).

I don't know if that is any help but I only have this picture from the second day, after the bandages was moved off.

671870B5-4F01-41AD-822E-658951779DF4.jpeg

To be blunt this isn’t a good clinic but I don’t think you have been over harvested, maybe some of the extractions are a bit close, but overall it seems ok. 
I am not surprised to hear that the Dr only did the drawing of the hairline, who knows if it was actually a Dr that did the hairline, probably another tech.

Did you plan for a second session for the mid scalp/crown ? If so I would definitely look elsewhere 👍🏽

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chris 23 said:

Yeah I'm planning for a second HT, do you have anything to propose in a reasonable price? Because in the same clinic I have is making a better price for the second one.

They would, but please make your next choice a Dr led procedure where they will at least do the incisions. Look for Dr Bicer, Dr Turan/Dr Gur or even Dr Yaman or Dr Demirsoy as better choices.. We don’t know how the first procedure will turn out yet, keep us updated and we can see how it develops. 
If you need convincing then just put Aygin in the search bar here and see what you find, It’s Important the next procedure is a better choice ! We only have a finite donor area. 

Edited by J-C

Who would you tell have the most reasonable price of the mentioned doctors? The truth is that I saw some bad reviews after my hair transplant and I was little panicked, but I never searched for the clinic because a friend of mine did there and the results was really good, so I got there blindfolded.

3 minutes ago, Chris 23 said:

Who would you tell have the most reasonable price of the mentioned doctors? The truth is that I saw some bad reviews after my hair transplant and I was little panicked, but I never searched for the clinic because a friend of mine did there and the results was really good, so I got there blindfolded.

Check them all out, see who suits your needs, I’m not one to base things solely on cost. Spend some time looking on the forum at each of their results, see who’s work you prefer. I would say your friend was lucky, and maybe has issues that us hair nerds would pick up on but the general public would not. 

• Administrators

Impossible to say at this point. 10 days is too soon. Give it more time. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Chris 23 

Hi Chris, I understand that you might think you got overharvested but judging from your photos you seemed to have already a naturally thinned out donor area, meaning that it doesn't have the most amazing density. This can also mean that there is harsh lighting directly on it and since your native hair is on the thinner side it affects the whole image of how it looks.  Regarding your procedure and extractions... in my opinion it looks clean and balanced. The punch wholes seems to be the correct size aswell.

image.png.c581c4938d65d9d1bcf8086ecc1d3eae.png

Please confirm whether you had a previous FUE procedure before? 

Hello Ryan, that was my first procedure and yes my hair naturally is very thin, but I was wondering because of my thin hair if it's easier to overharvest it. But your words calmed me a little bit.. I started freaking out 8 days after my HT because I read some bad things about the clinic I did it, and the thoughts began (is my hair transplant good? Are there enough grafts transplanted? Will it grow okay?) The usual stuff 😅

Chris23,

Since you are only 10 days postop, I don’t think it’s fair to assume that your donor has been overharvested. Can I see that your donor has recently been touched and hairs extracted? Yes. But that’s typical for only 10 days after hair transplant surgery. First, you need to heal and then of course there’s a possibility of donor area shock loss which of course is temporary.

Moreover, the hair on the sides and back of your scalp is exceptionally short so even best case scenario, at that length, there is a chance that you will see mild signs of scarring even after everything heals and any shocked hair returns. 

Long story short, give your donor area a chance to heal and don’t assess it for 6 to 12 months which will give any hair that eventually experiences shock loss to return. Shock loss to the donor and even the recipient area typically doesn’t even occur for a couple weeks after surgery - sometimes not even until about 8 to 12 weeks.

Best Wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

@Chris 23 Basically you went to play Russian Roulette, and if you have won or lost you will know it around the ninth / tenth month.  I know that clinic well, Serkan is very popular in my country, I have personally seen excellent results, but also poor results of boys operated on there, he does not operate, but he only draws the hairline and you see it at most 10 minutes, after which he leaves you to one of his many technical teams, who if you are lucky or a famous person, entrusts you to the most experienced team and therefore you have more chances that your transplant will go well, otherwise he assigns you a team of young trainees and consequently you just have to hope it goes well.  As for your donor area, at 10 days it is impossible to say if it was over haversting.  So stay calm and wait for it to heal, in 4/5 months we will see.

• Like 1

Naaaa, I didn't say that, let's say you have a chance of a 50 and 50%, but from the photos, I would be more optimistic and do a rating of 80% good and 20% bad.  😐

Haha I hope so, if the front part is okay then everything can be managed.. 

Here I send some pics of my hairline, is there any way to know if the density is good? 

3rd day and 11th dayFE9B2ED2-A18F-49B8-93A0-80BE212158B3.thumb.jpeg.70b57378789e8d68a713e07c67f48943.jpeg

E6F989E7-771E-4067-A62B-3BAB9B587286.jpeg