Dr Hasson - 4707 FUT

On 8/5/2022 at 8:56 AM, Twintwin said:

How visible was the scar before the buzz cut? Looks like you were able to hide it quite well! 

Not too visible, but the scar line is still pretty red and there was some slight shock loss around where the staples were. Hair is growing back around there now and once the redness goes down, I think it will be pretty invisible at a 2 or 3 guard. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Twintwin said:

That’s awesome! I’m guessing you just hit the 3 months mark. How does it look now?

Im scheduled for next month with similar hair loss.

Things are coming along for sure, lighting playing a big role. Let me know what you think! 

Edited by Gotitback

It looks very good actually. It would be hard to know you had a transplant without the scar.

It’s hard to know if it’s new transplanted hair or original hair growing on top since you shave your head regularly it seems. I would expect a lot of growth in the next 2 months. 

why did you decide to shave your head btw? Is it to avoid the sort of 2 tones look? Or just more convenient? I feel like with FUT the goal is to not shave to be able to hide the scar better.

Just now, Twintwin said:

It looks very good actually. It would be hard to know you had a transplant without the scar.

It’s hard to know if it’s new transplanted hair or original hair growing on top since you shave your head regularly it seems. I would expect a lot of growth in the next 2 months. 

why did you decide to shave your head btw? Is it to avoid the sort of 2 tones look? Or just more convenient? I feel like with FUT the goal is to not shave to be able to hide the scar better.

Thanks man I appreciate the reply. The corners are definitely Transplanted I believe, if you look at my first pic you can see there’s almost nothing there, but I was honestly wondering the same for the general front to mid scalp. I personally never liked having my hair short, especially at the length it is now. It was to avoid the two tone look, as I was hoping the growth would come out more even, but it looks like that’s just going to be a waiting game. I saw from a video from Dr. Bernstein that transplanted growth seems to appear like a vellus hair, eventually getting darker as the months go on, which is pretty on par with what I’ve been seeing. I will definitely not be going for the shorter look any longer and will not be shaving it down anymore. I did chose FUT based on donor management for my age and overall cost as well. 
cheers

Yeah FUT with Hasson as a first surgery is a great choice to manage donor area while still having impressive results.

I am going with the exact same option. How old are you if you don’t mind me asking? 

On 8/16/2022 at 12:44 PM, Twintwin said:

Yeah FUT with Hasson as a first surgery is a great choice to manage donor area while still having impressive results.

I am going with the exact same option. How old are you if you don’t mind me asking? 

Edited by Gotitback

1 hour ago, Twintwin said:

Did Hasson accept your request for FUT

• Administrators

Everything is looking right on track 👍🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 8/18/2022 at 7:34 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Everything is looking right on track 👍🏼

Hey man, I’m experiencing some hair shedding of what looks like thinner/vellus looking hair. Seeing some transplanted hair too. would this be normal at around the 3 months and and a bit mark? I unfortunately went without oral minoxidil for about 4 days in July, and was told that it would likely not have been a problem but I’m wondering if this could be causing the shedding or just shock loss/new growth pushing the dead transplanted shaft through? Appreciate your time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Damn this looks incredible for 4 months 🤯

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.