Looking for some advice on African hair transplant

Kwame

Hi,

I posted this on reddit  but didn't get many replies. I’ve been looking into getting a hair transplant. The area I’m most concerned with is the density at the front but my crown has issues too

I’m 26 years old, with tight African American hair, and I’ve been losing since I was 22. Or at least it's been noticeable since 22.

I’m on fin and min and have been for the last year and a half

I had a consultation with the local hair transplant clinic here in Canada and they recommended that I get between 1500-2000 grafts at about $5.89 usd/per graft using their neograft 2.0 system

Would this be enough to cover the area I’ve lost? I’m also willing to go to turkey if that would be a better option ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

The mention of neograft is enough to put me off the clinic you mentioned in Canada, it’s a outdated technique/method. 
And please don’t consider Turkey for Afro hair, you have some much better/reliable options elsewhere. 
Most of the decent choices happen to be in Belgium, Dr Bisanga, Dr Mwamba, Dr Lapunzula and Dr Feriduni. Some other Drs/Clinics that are doing good work are @DrTBarghouthi(Vertex) which is in Jordan, Dr Diep US, Hasson & Wong since you mentioned you’re in Canada. 

Edited by J-C

4 hours ago, Kwame said:

Hi,

I posted this on reddit  but didn't get many replies. I’ve been looking into getting a hair transplant. The area I’m most concerned with is the density at the front but my crown has issues too

I’m 26 years old, with tight African American hair, and I’ve been losing since I was 22. Or at least it's been noticeable since 22.

I’m on fin and min and have been for the last year and a half

I had a consultation with the local hair transplant clinic here in Canada and they recommended that I get between 1500-2000 grafts at about $5.89 usd/per graft using their neograft 2.0 system

Would this be enough to cover the area I’ve lost? I’m also willing to go to turkey if that would be a better option ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

You might require around 1500 to 2000 grafts in the frontal zone depending on the shape and extent of the hairline you choose. The crown area and the mid scalp do not look like they require a hair transplant. You should continue Finasteride for the prevention of baldness in the pre existing hair. You can also add Minoxidil to your daily hair care routine. You can use hair specific multivitamins too.

Edited by Eugenix Hair Sciences

1 minute ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Have you ever used finasteride? It could be of extreme help to you. Maybe you can try finasteride for a year and then look for options of hair transplant if you are not satisfied with the results of the medications.

The OP mentioned he has been on Fin/Minox for a year and a half, it’s in the quote you used, it’s important to fully read what someone says before responding. 🙏

• Valued Contributor

As John says, avoid Turkey at all costs. You need a clinic that has a proven specialty in transplanting afro hair. The top Belgian doctors are by chance themselves the owners & operators of afro hair, so you literally couldn't be in more expert hands with the likes of Lupanzula, Bisanga, Mwamba etc...

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies

12 hours ago, J-C said:

The mention of neograft is enough to put me off the clinic you mentioned in Canada, it’s a outdated technique/method. 
And please don’t consider Turkey for Afro hair, you have some much better/reliable options elsewhere. 
Most of the decent choices happen to be in Belgium, Dr Bisanga, Dr Mwamba, Dr Lapunzula and Dr Feriduni. Some other Drs/Clinics that are doing good work are @DrTBarghouthi(Vertex) which is in Jordan, Dr Diep US, Hasson & Wong since you mentioned you’re in Canada. 

I'll probably look elsewhere from my local clinic because of the neograft. Does anyone know if Hasson and Wong have history doing African hair I filled out their online consultation form earlier today

Edited by Kwame
  • Like 1