Eugenix | Norwood 4 | 4500 Grafts | Scheduled for June-6 and 7

I am scheduled for a Hair Transplant at Eugenix on June-6th and 7th for 4500 Grafts.Posted my current pics below.

Very nervous about this but thanks to this network and the recent experiences shared i am hopeful that things will go fine. 

My procedure is scheduled for 2 days with 2200 - 2500  grafts on front and 1700 - 2000 on the crown area. 400 -1300 to be extracted from the beard and rest from the scalp.

Requesting your inputs on the below :

* Will the donor area have thin coverage after the transplant based on the number of grafts extracted ? Will this be a problem if any future adjustments are to be made ?

* Do i need work on the temples too ? 

* Will these 4500 grafts be enough for density and coverage ?

* For the blood tests required,  i reached out to Eugenix if they can help but looks like i need to be there 2 days ahead of the procedure to get it done there. was anyone able to convince Eugneix to get the blood tests done a day before. If that doesn't workout, I am in USA and lookign for the best way to get these tests done. Do quest / lapcorp do all these tests or do i need to go through a physician and what would be the estimated costs?

* I am planning to stay a few more days after the test in Delhi. My procedure is over 2 days (June-6th and June-7th ), will the hairwash be on the 7th day from June-6th or June-7th.

Big thanks to this forum and members for sharing your experience. I intend to post my journey as well.

Any suggestions / precuations are most welcome. Thank you !

Screenshot_20220425-121609_Samsung Internet.jpg

62F7590D-CB36-49A4-B47B-BDA0DB1524A9_1_201_a.jpeg

439AAAFE-B4F7-43EF-BF6D-83F98193ABDC_1_201_a.jpeg

2C94F26A-9D38-45E4-9D1C-69163C62483C_1_201_a.jpeg

6D8783FE-1A0B-44F8-9536-659C4ABC2792.jpeg

So, it is a large surgery but I think Eugenix will do a good job to keep you comfortable.

Prepare for a long day of staying in fixed positions for several hours, you may get sore but just power through it and envision the finish line making it all worth it.

My recommendation would be take a week off to stay there after surgery, for large procedures your swelling may be quite high, and there will be some pain (particularly in the donor area) that will make things difficult up until Day 7 or Day 8.

For me for example, my eyes were practically swelled shut it looked like I got stung by a bunch of bees. It took me a good week to look normal again, this is more the exception but it can happen to you in these large cases because they need to apply a lot of anesthesia during these larger procedures.

The swelling will gradually move from your forehead through your eyes and eventually your cheeks. 

Also, it would be better to wait because you don't want to accidentally bump your head and dislodge the grafts. In an airplane especially this is easy to do, hell I did it accidentally in a taxi and unfortunately lost a graft or two.

I would not do anything on the temples now, just have them focus on achieving density on the top and it will be enough of a difference cosmetically. Your temples have not receded fully yet either and I think look fine and age appropriate.

Make sure you eat plenty of food as well during your recovery, this is not the time to diet, your body will need the nutrients to recover optimally!

Edited by asterix0
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

These questions really need to be best answered by your surgeon. Which doctor is performing your surgery? Don't be afraid to ask these and plenty of questions. I would definitely plan to stay at least a few days longer than required. Just to make sure in case an extra day is needed for surgery and so you have time for your grafts to settle after surgery, etc. Wishing you all the best and I look forward to following your journey!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rookie52 said:

Will the donor area have thin coverage after the transplant based on the number of grafts extracted ? Will this be a problem if any future adjustments are to be made ?

* Do i need work on the temples too ? 

* Will these 4500 grafts be enough for density and coverage ?

* For the blood tests required,  i reached out to Eugenix if they can help but looks like i need to be there 2 days ahead of the procedure to get it done there. was anyone able to convince Eugneix to get the blood tests done a day before. If that doesn't workout, I am in USA and lookign for the best way to get these tests done. Do quest / lapcorp do all these tests or do i need to go through a physician and what would be the estimated costs?

* I am planning to stay a few more days after the test in Delhi. My procedure is over 2 days (June-6th and June-7th ), will the hairwash be on the 7th day from June-6th or June-7th.

1. The donor grafts will be taken very discreetly from the donor area. We will leave enough donor to be harvested again if required.

2. Your temples seem fine. But we will evaluated the same when we meet in person also. We shall take this into account while designing.

3. 4500 approximate grafts will be more than sufficient for density.

4. For the book tests, you can get it done at your place if coming to Delhi at the designated time is not possible.

5. The headwash will be on the 7th day from the 7th of June.

Please also do get in touch with your surgeon for a detailed report on these and more questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
10 hours ago, rookie52 said:

I'd strongly advise you give yourself a couple of days in Delhi before the surgery anyway. Not only will it allow you to do the blood tests there (vastly cheaper than in the UK and I image the US, too), but it'll also give you chance to settle, adjust to the time difference and feel a little more prepared and less rushed. I actually wished I gave myself maybe 4 or 5 days before the surgery to do a little sightseeing and let my body clock adjust better. As it happened, I didn't sleep at all the night before surgery and it likely led or contributed to oozing which slowed things down. My surgery as a result lasted two days rather than one. If you're having a large surgery, it'll likely be over a couple of days at least anyway. Even more reason to give yourself a bit of adjustment time before surgery.

• Thanks 1

On 5/23/2022 at 8:32 PM, asterix0 said:

So, it is a large surgery but I think Eugenix will do a good job to keep you comfortable.

Prepare for a long day of staying in fixed positions for several hours, you may get sore but just power through it and envision the finish line making it all worth it.

My recommendation would be take a week off to stay there after surgery, for large procedures your swelling may be quite high, and there will be some pain (particularly in the donor area) that will make things difficult up until Day 7 or Day 8.

For me for example, my eyes were practically swelled shut it looked like I got stung by a bunch of bees. It took me a good week to look normal again, this is more the exception but it can happen to you in these large cases because they need to apply a lot of anesthesia during these larger procedures.

The swelling will gradually move from your forehead through your eyes and eventually your cheeks. 

Also, it would be better to wait because you don't want to accidentally bump your head and dislodge the grafts. In an airplane especially this is easy to do, hell I did it accidentally in a taxi and unfortunately lost a graft or two.

I would not do anything on the temples now, just have them focus on achieving density on the top and it will be enough of a difference cosmetically. Your temples have not receded fully yet either and I think look fine and age appropriate.

Make sure you eat plenty of food as well during your recovery, this is not the time to diet, your body will need the nutrients to recover optimally!

Thanks for the details and sharing your experience. Very helpful, Appreciate it. I plan to stay an additional 7 days in Gurugram just to be sure.

How long was the swelling there ?

On 5/23/2022 at 9:47 PM, Gatsby said:

These questions really need to be best answered by your surgeon. Which doctor is performing your surgery? Don't be afraid to ask these and plenty of questions. I would definitely plan to stay at least a few days longer than required. Just to make sure in case an extra day is needed for surgery and so you have time for your grafts to settle after surgery, etc. Wishing you all the best and I look forward to following your journey!

Thank you ! Dr. Das will be performing the surgery with Dr. Arika helping with the design. I plan to stay for another 7 days after the surgery, Hoping that should be enough.

I will try reaching out to my Eugenix Counsellor (Aditya) to schedule a consult. Surprisingly it has only been an email consult for me so far, since i will be reaching a day before i was told that i will be meeting Dr. Arika then. Will certainly help calm the nerves if i can get a consult earlier.  Thanks again for your suggestions.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

1. The donor grafts will be taken very discreetly from the donor area. We will leave enough donor to be harvested again if required.

2. Your temples seem fine. But we will evaluated the same when we meet in person also. We shall take this into account while designing.

3. 4500 approximate grafts will be more than sufficient for density.

4. For the book tests, you can get it done at your place if coming to Delhi at the designated time is not possible.

5. The headwash will be on the 7th day from the 7th of June.

Please also do get in touch with your surgeon for a detailed report on these and more questions.

Thanks for your response. my correspondence so far has been via email. Will be great to get a consult before travelling.

will reach out to my coordinator (Aditya) to help with this. Thanks.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, rookie52 said:

Thank you ! Dr. Das will be performing the surgery with Dr. Arika helping with the design. I plan to stay for another 7 days after the surgery, Hoping that should be enough.

I will try reaching out to my Eugenix Counsellor (Aditya) to schedule a consult. Surprisingly it has only been an email consult for me so far, since i will be reaching a day before i was told that i will be meeting Dr. Arika then. Will certainly help calm the nerves if i can get a consult earlier.  Thanks again for your suggestions.

Aditya was my counselor also. He was very helpful but I pushed him pretty hard! 😂👌

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rookie52 said:

Thanks for the details and sharing your experience. Very helpful, Appreciate it. I plan to stay an additional 7 days in Gurugram just to be sure.

How long was the swelling there ?

The swelling lasted for about a week, by day 8/9 it was close to all gone.