Thoughts on time of year for HT

Hello everyone, curious on what the forum thinks is the best time/month to schedule a HT? I realize this is personal choice and the answer varies for everyone but I’m wondering what peoples thoughts are on this. Did you shoot for end of summer, fall, after Christmas, any thoughts with explanation would be very helpful. 

Honestly, whichever time of year you like least.  Because a guaranteed 2-3 months are going straight to sh**.  If there is a 2-4 month span you most enjoy, I'd try to get the procedure done at least 5+ months prior...  Personally, I think mid-late January would be the best time.  You'd be ready for the next fall and you'd look normal by mid summer.  I think the time I'd least like to get it would be mid-September, because then through early November is my favorite time of year.  

Edited by John1991
  • Like 1

I think late September / early October because you get to have the full 6 months of darker evenings while things are bad. Then as the days get brighter in March and April, your hair gets better too. 

• Like 1

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• Moderators

If you are in an area that has cold Winters then late fall or early winter is best because while it's cold you can wear hoodies and hats all Winter long and nobody will think anything of it. By the time the Spring comes you'll be well into growth mode and ready for Summer. An added bonus is the day light hours are much shorter in Winter and it's much harder to notice anything was done on your head in the darker hours if you do get seen by anyone.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.