Removing grafts in hairline + rebuilding it at same time

I know that with some surgeries they are done in separate stages, i.e. removing poorly placed grafts first, then coming back a couple of months later to implant and reconstruct the hairline.

Are there any examples of people who have done both in the same session? I'm referring to the hairline only here

• Moderators

This isn't easy to do. Once you FUE out a graft you are left with a small hole. You can't place a new graft into the same spot until it heals. You could do it if you have a small amount of grafts in specific areas that you are trying to remove and want to place them somewhere else along the hair line. For example if you want to remove a few grafts that are too low in the corner temple areas, you can replant them somewhere else along the hair line to add some density there.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Generally they like to remove them and then leave a bit of time before trying to implant again however, Eugenix has in repair cases extracted and i believe re-implanted strategically  at the same time so the grafts aren't "wasted" and then wait a while to do a proper procedure to refine and correctly place the other grafts. 

• Like 1