Dr. Das or Dr. Turan?

Hi all, 

I'm planning to do my hair transplant this year and after an extensive search I have narrow down my options to Dr. Das at Eugenix or Dr Turan at FueCapilar. But now I'm really stuck as to which one would be the better choice. The price point is in the same range (with dr Das being somewhat more expensive). I'm approximately a NW2/3 (dr. Turan estimated a NW 4a and Eugenix a 2... personally I dont think I am a 4, but rather a 2 or 3). Im looking to restore my hairline mostly.  I like the work of both of them of what I have seen. Which one of these doctors would be considered the better one according to you guys? 

• Administrators

I would start looking up reviews of each doctor and start comparing the results, ask past patients of both surgeons to share their experience. Try and find as much information on each of these two surgeons as possible. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, simon1990 said:

Hi all, 

I'm planning to do my hair transplant this year and after an extensive search I have narrow down my options to Dr. Das at Eugenix or Dr Turan at FueCapilar. But now I'm really stuck as to which one would be the better choice. The price point is in the same range (with dr Das being somewhat more expensive). I'm approximately a NW2/3 (dr. Turan estimated a NW 4a and Eugenix a 2... personally I dont think I am a 4, but rather a 2 or 3). Im looking to restore my hairline mostly.  I like the work of both of them of what I have seen. Which one of these doctors would be considered the better one according to you guys? 

I am a Norwood 2 and i chose Dr Das at Eugenix India. I am currently 1 day fully post-op after the procedure was split over 2 days. You can check out my thread in the Hair Transplant Experiences section of the forum. 

She is a consummate professional and took everything i said into account of what i wanted to achieve and we worked together to get there. I think i probably let my nerves get the best of me during the procedure too and over thought things during the first day but i genuinely feel like everytime she is there, she's definitely a calming presence. 

I think obviously people want to know how the end result ends up and i am documenting that as i go along but in terms of her as a person, she's been amazing. Also, the entire team at Eugenix has so many great people i met who were welcoming and made it feel easier when you're going through a really involved procedure. 

However, i won't sit here and lie to you. It's never easy no matter who you choose imo. Everybody will respond differently to the anaesthetic, swelling, bleeding etc. but so far, even if i was to say that the 20% of the journey is about the doctor and clinic team with how they treat you, with the final 80% the results you get. I can say Dr Das and Eugenix passed with near perfect flying colours for me. 

I am always hesitant to recommend something fully to somebody until i have had the full 100% experience of the entire journey to final results. However, i can vouch for all the good things of the initial stage that i experienced. 

I know this isn't always the case for every single person BUT i have seen them try to improve immediately and fix things where they fell a little short during my brief time here like for airport transfer issues like @mkr faced, or drivers maybe not being directed fully to the right hotel for pick up. 

When travelling internationally you want to know you're going to be cared for and looked after with all sorts of things. My personal experience is that @Eugenix Hair Scienceshave gone not just a mile above, but like 10 miles above in areas to help me with things people elsewhere could have honestly brushed away and give a sympathetic nod and said they'd "love to help but can't". Eugenix didn't do that to me. They genuinely went above and beyond helping me in those moments. 

I have no prior experience of the other doctor and i'm sure they're also a great person, but i'll let others share their experience. I can only say how mine has been so far with Dr Das. She's a diamond. 

• Like 1