Repair transplant - what are my options?

Hi @redacted

This is Hala, working for @DrTBarghouthi

I tagged Dr Taleb so he could give you an advice regarding your case.

Kind regards,

Hala

Patient Adviser to Dr. Taleb Barghouthi - approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with us here  or via WhatsApp at +962778837839 (Jordan) or +962798378396 (Jordan). 

Social media Instagram & Facebook : vertexhair

2 hours ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Tbh I don't know, it's a fairly new treatment by all accounts

Alright!

I genuinely hope that Topical Dutasteride would help me thicken my hair in general.

I would honestly urge you to delay any further surgery. I think you should give medications a chance- whether oral or topical fin/dut.

You can elect to trial concealers or SMP and see how things go in this coming year before going ahead. I do think you continued to thin and 7000 grafts for severe loss in a NW 5 or more doesn’t always give the illusion of full coverage. Try to experiment with what might work for you in simple terms and leave surgery as a last option to top up.

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Valued Contributor
9 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

I would honestly urge you to delay any further surgery. I think you should give medications a chance- whether oral or topical fin/dut.

You can elect to trial concealers or SMP and see how things go in this coming year before going ahead. I do think you continued to thin and 7000 grafts for severe loss in a NW 5 or more doesn’t always give the illusion of full coverage. Try to experiment with what might work for you in simple terms and leave surgery as a last option to top up.

This ^

On 5/23/2022 at 7:12 AM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Thank you DrBarghouthi,

Yes the thinning is very evident. I am currently using Toppik as a concealer. 

I am very concerned about the side effects of DUT/FIN, but I am willing to opt for topical DUT for the time being. Do you have any experience on that drug?

What surprised me greatly is that my thinning is very aggressive even for the transplanted parts of the hair. Should I check-up with my doctor for my scalp?

Edited by redacted

9 minutes ago, redacted said:

Thank you DrBarghouthi,

Yes the thinning is very evident. I am currently using Toppik as a concealer. 

I am very concerned about the side effects of DUT/FIN, but I am willing to opt for topical DUT for the time being. Do you have any experience on that drug?

What surprised me greatly is that my thinning is very aggressive even for the transplanted parts of the hair. Should I check-up with my doctor for my scalp?

A scalp examination would be good. In some cases even a small biopsy of where the transplant is can give some answers. We don’t have topical dut here but we use a lot of topical finasteride and with good results. I would definitely try either. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Just now, DrTBarghouthi said:

A scalp examination would be good. In some cases even a small biopsy of where the transplant is can give some answers. We don’t have topical dut here but we use a lot of topical finasteride and with good results. I would definitely try either. 

Okay! I might give a biopsy a try.

In regards to medication, is the usual positive result from the medication that the existing hairs gets stronger and thicker, especially in cases of diffuse thinner (which I am)?

On 5/21/2022 at 6:25 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

You haven’t even tried finasteride? I don’t understand this logic. I would strongly suggest trying the topical version. You’re not a repair, you simply continued to thin. You will be in the same exact situation again, unless you treat the root cause of your balding. 

Hi @Melvin- Moderator

Do you have views on the Topical Fin gel (2,5% concentration)? It seems very high concentration. I asked for topical finasteride from the pharmacy working together with Dr. Bisanga, so it should be reputable.