Topical anti-androgens

Hey everyone, was wondering if anyone here has experience with topical anti-androgens. Looking to add it to finasteride. I’ve read up a little on RU58841 . Wondering if anyone has experience using it or other topical anti androgens to look into. As well as any side effects to note. Thanks all!

Edited by Cmike

• Administrators

Topical finasteride and dutasteride is the way to go. RU58841 gave me sides, and could potentially affect your heart. Definitely not worth it. CB-03-01 is one to look for in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Topical finasteride and dutasteride is the way to go. RU58841 gave me sides, and could potentially affect your heart. Definitely not worth it. CB-03-01 is one to look for in the future.

Thanks my man! So you can stack topical finasteride and oral finasteride ? I didn’t even think of that haha

Edited by Cmike

I agree that if you’re going to try a topical antiandrogen that you should try finasteride or dutasteride.  That said, taking it orally would be the better way to go unless you’ve experienced side effects.   

If you’ve experienced side effects and / or are concerned about them, then the next best thing to do is to try taking them topically.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

2 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

I agree that if you’re going to try a topical antiandrogen that you should try finasteride or dutasteride.  That said, taking it orally would be the better way to go unless you’ve experienced side effects.   

If you’ve experienced side effects and / or are concerned about them, then the next best thing to do is to try taking them topically.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

I’m actually already taking oral finasteride! Just wanted to add a topical as well!