30yo Norwood 5A, 2 operations 7800 Grafts in total, any room for improvement?

Hello,

I was pretty bald in the age of 25, already NW5a with high sides and crown and decided to get a FUT with Hattingen Hair in 2019 with 5200 Grafts, which was sucess,

the hairline was ofcourse very conservative and the crown lacks a little of density.

I think this was a good strategy, but now as I am on strong Anti Androgens and Estrogen (HRT) there is mostly no chanche to bald any further, so I made the decision to lower the hairline just a half centimer and increase the density in the front + a crown touch up with HLC in December 2021 (5 Months) ago.

HLC told me that I still have about 2500 Grafts in the Donor and 1000 - 1500 Beard grafts (which I really need to get rid of).

As I am not balding any further and want to growth my hair long (about 30cm+), I am wondering if there is any room of improvement (I am thinking of increase the density in mid scalp and crown) or did I hit a limit, where any further hair transplant might be rather a risk due to shock loss or scarring.

I uploaded a video here, of the current status:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x8loIBZqCHIUk_jLd-5EwOrN4X0DC6S1/view?usp=sharing

Would love to hear your opinions! 🤩

Before Hattingen:

image.png.4aaa410775a2f20c1d4e069267e51429.png

image.png.8c8be4b9fbb48378ca41821ecf164fc4.png

After Hattingen:

image.png.160949f96b1f8ee4f4e3374d099ec1ae.png

image.png.f970ea83b1e4e5353fc90de8243aa59a.png

During HLC:

image.thumb.jpeg.71fc66c8a411eeef204f5e6f2f9c30b1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8a733a5362521647cd713f21dc740572.jpeg

As of today, 5 months post OP:

image.png.ad0a467897cc845e0bc5d76125058950.png

image.png.fc985d0413b04f4b08b5a78fe72e1f9f.png

Edited by didu911

If you go to a skilled clinic they can implant within your mid scalp with no/little damage to existing hairs, especially since you are on hrt. However, since your plan is to wear your hair very long, this area might be concealed anyway so that’s something else to consider.

14 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

If you go to a skilled clinic they can implant within your mid scalp with no/little damage to existing hairs, especially since you are on hrt. However, since your plan is to wear your hair very long, this area might be concealed anyway so that’s something else to consider.

Thank you, for your answer, do you think that 2500 additional grafts can in mid scalp and crown, could have a visual impace or is it some kind of "wasted grafts? 

• Moderators

Your crown looks pretty full to me. I think you'd get the best improvement by focusing on lowering the hairline. Since you want to get rid of your beard hair, perhaps you can scatter those grafts just behind the hairline and towards the mid scalp (looks like near the corners just behind the current hairline could maybe use a few grafts) and just use a small amount of scalp grafts for the very frontal hairline.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

32 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

Your crown looks pretty full to me. I think you'd get the best improvement by focusing on lowering the hairline. Since you want to get rid of your beard hair, perhaps you can scatter those grafts just behind the hairline and towards the mid scalp (looks like near the corners just behind the current hairline could maybe use a few grafts) and just use a small amount of scalp grafts for the very frontal hairline.

Thank you so much!

About lowering the Hairline: I have tought about it a lot, a feminine hairline would be outstanding! But I don't think I can ever reach that goal as a NW5, so I'would rather wear a hiding hair cut, but increase the density everywhere else.

Would you mind to draw in on the picture, where the corners could use a little more grafts? Maybe this is just because of I am just 5 months in? 😃 

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, didu911 said:

Would you mind to draw in on the picture, where the corners could use a little more grafts? Maybe this is just because of I am just 5 months in? 😃

Oh. I didn't realize you were only at 5 months, so never mind as it will fill in more, but if you are curious as to what I meant I'm adding a picture for you.

image.png.e0e6d5c87a611aed1d4063baba536260.png

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

Your hair looks great. I wouldn’t do anything. You have to be realistic with what can be achieved through surgery. You are already at the very top. 
876D0CE0-25B9-4FA4-9D7A-4D55BECA489E.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank y'all for your opinions! 

I think I will grow my hair out now and stop thinking about hair transplants.

There is just one source of pain right now, that's my beard, I want it to vanish! But have the feeling that electrolysis removal would really be a waste of grafs.

I really don't care about a very high growth rate, but I feel it is very important, to not damage any surrounding grafts.

Would it be risky to transplant this beard hair to the top ? 

image.png.dcfbfbeb9a7715387c211d860ea1a3d0.png

image.png.1e2e98bd6cf63926070b57922ac1d1ef.png

Edited by didu911

• Administrators

You have a ginger beard and blonde hair, not a good idea to transplant it to the top. Plus you have fine hair and a coarse, curly beard. Not a good combination. You look good man, you’ve beat the game. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you, in 2020, one year after my first hair transplant I felt pretty pleased. Since I am on hormones (which I started directly after my second transplant) I feel more and more sad. 

hopefully this feeling will subside as my hair grows longer.