Who removed your FUT stitches?

If you had an FUT and the surgeon was out of town, where did you go to get your stitches removed?
My surgeon is a few hours away so probably not worth the drive just to have my stitches removed.

I called my dermatologist to see if she would do it but her assistant said if it was a HT she would not remove the stitches.
I don't understand the reasoning but anyway, I'm wondering where to go for this. Primary care physician/Urgent care, other?
Any suggestions?

I had my surgery with Dr Path in Thailand, he gave me a note to take back to Australia with me which described how to remove the stitches.

I got my GP to remove the stitches and it all worked out. It was free for me, but bare in mind that Australia has free healthcare

On 5/7/2022 at 5:25 PM, hairyharry said:

If you had an FUT and the surgeon was out of town, where did you go to get your stitches removed?
My surgeon is a few hours away so probably not worth the drive just to have my stitches removed.

I called my dermatologist to see if she would do it but her assistant said if it was a HT she would not remove the stitches.
I don't understand the reasoning but anyway, I'm wondering where to go for this. Primary care physician/Urgent care, other?
Any suggestions?

Its absolutely crazy how a dermatologist, a practicing physician, wouldn't do that for you. It's well within their scope of practice to remove sutures but whatever it's their office. I had mine removed by the tech at the clinic I had the HT done at. 

Hairyhairy,

In my experience, your primary care physician should be able to remove your stitches. If for some reason He or she can’t, I’m sure they can give you a referral to someone local who can. But I haven’t had any problems getting my primary care physician to do it.

Of course, my physician used staples for my third and fourth hair transplant so I was able to remove those myself with some minor assistance.

Worst case scenario, you could check to see if there is any hair transplant doctors/clinics or plastic surgeons local to you who could at least remove your sutures. They may charge a fee since you are not a patient there but it would be better than nothing.

I hope this helps 

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.