Can someone share their HT experience with Dr Panine (Chicago)?

SKT

I had a virtual consultation with Eugenix, who classified my balding as Norwood 2/2v and recommended harvesting 2000 grafts to repair the hairline. As I am unable to travel due to my job, I began researching alternative possibilities in the Chicago area and came across Dr Konoir and Panine on the suggested list (HRN). I've heard nothing but positive things about Dr Konoir on this site, but given his high price, I'm leaning toward Dr Panine.

Addl questions

1. Is 2000 grafts considered as overharvesting?

2. If I'm open to flying anywhere within US, Would you recommend any other clinics? 

3. What other things to consider before deciding on the surgeon? Dr Panine's reviews appear to be few, but the patient photographs on the surgeon's page appear to be quite promising.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Dr. Panine is an excellent surgeon, as is Dr. Konior.

Feel free to submit a consultation to our list of recommendations. 

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 8 months later...

I live in West Michigan, and consulted with most of the prominent doctors recommend on this site. 

I recently had an FUE from Dr. Panine; you can message me with any questions you'd like. 

• Like 1

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

On 1/8/2023 at 5:06 AM, mavigo said:

I live in West Michigan, and consulted with most of the prominent doctors recommend on this site. 

I recently had an FUE from Dr. Panine; you can message me with any questions you'd like. 

How did the fue scars heal? Panine looks to use a wider punch from the donir area. What is the lowest guard you can trim to without seeing the scar?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2023 at 10:25 PM, medoh199 said:

How did the fue scars heal? Panine looks to use a wider punch from the donir area. What is the lowest guard you can trim to without seeing the scar?

He uses a 0.8mm punch, is that large? Honestly I don't shave my head because I have huge FUT scar from a different doctor. 

On 1/18/2023 at 5:20 AM, mavigo said:

He uses a 0.8mm punch, is that large? Honestly I don't shave my head because I have huge FUT scar from a different doctor. 

That's normal. How are your fue scars? Even though you don't shave your head are they noticeable when you look for them?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/19/2023 at 7:56 PM, medoh199 said:

That's normal. How are your fue scars? Even though you don't shave your head are they noticeable when you look for them?

No, not really