Ok everyone, would love everyone’s advice on this. Dr(who I really like and is very attentive post op) said after 10 days I can start working out again. Some advice on here is 2 weeks. I am currently at 20 days post op and figured I’d wait until the 21 day mark mainly because I want to be extremely cautious. Lol

i only ride the cycle bike for exercise but I get into it, sweat like crazy. Is 21 days post op enough??

I had an FUE

Just now, Barnan12550 said:

Ok everyone, would love everyone’s advice on this. Dr(who I really like and is very attentive post op) said after 10 days I can start working out again. Some advice on here is 2 weeks. I am currently at 20 days post op and figured I’d wait until the 21 day mark mainly because I want to be extremely cautious. Lol

i only ride the cycle bike for exercise but I get into it, sweat like crazy. Is 21 days post op enough??

I had an FUE

Yup no probs in resuming cycling, or spinning ! 

• Like 2

You can typically return to normal activity 7 days post op.  At 21 days this should not be an issue.

If you did FUT, it is important you avoid weightlifting exercises that affect the neck as this can widen the scar.  

• Like 2

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

Definitely not an issue for that type of exercise 21 days post-op

• Like 2

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

Apparently it's weight lifting that they say you should avoid until maybe 3-4 weeks post op as it outs more stress on the body and could impact you. Cardio based exercises and lighter walking can be done more earlier. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LaserCaps said:

You can typically return to normal activity 7 days post op.  At 21 days this should not be an issue.

If you did FUT, it is important you avoid weightlifting exercises that affect the neck as this can widen the scar.  

For how long?  I'm 5 weeks post op and I do rack pulls as a part of my normal lifting routine (which I would like to get back to soon).  I also do neck curls and neck extensions, but am willing to wait a while to do those.

• Like 1

• Administrators

10 days after an FUE is okay, though 14 days is ideal.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you all so much!! Tomorrow(May 3rd) is exactly 3 weeks. With all your thoughts I figure why not wait one more day for a full 3 weeks and start then. Lol 

Tomorrow it is, back to cycling! Woop Woop 

• Like 1