Hair transplant advice for 23 year old

Hi Yall

I just discovered this forum and am amazed by all the results that yall are achieving, so much so, that I would love to get a hair transplant too. 

Right now I'm 23 years old and have been losing hair since 16. I've been on and off minoxidil and finasteride but have been taking it for a year consistency right not. I currently have a buzz cut and am not really sure of where I am on the norwood scale or how much grafts I would need to cover up my crown or increase my density. Any advice or guidance regarding hair care or transplant would be greatly appreciated. 

Below I have attached pictures 

P.S I have been looking at Eugenix and Dr. Arocha and they seem to be a great option.

IMG_20220430_004752308-min.png

IMG_20220430_005315039.png

IMG_20220430_005332964.png

IMG_20220430_005624152.png

IMG_20220430_011653277.png

IMG_20220430_012006506.png

IMG_20220430_005232437.jpg

1 hour ago, HDTV2022 said:

Hi Yall

I just discovered this forum and am amazed by all the results that yall are achieving, so much so, that I would love to get a hair transplant too. 

Right now I'm 23 years old and have been losing hair since 16. I've been on and off minoxidil and finasteride but have been taking it for a year consistency right not. I currently have a buzz cut and am not really sure of where I am on the norwood scale or how much grafts I would need to cover up my crown or increase my density. Any advice or guidance regarding hair care or transplant would be greatly appreciated. 

Below I have attached pictures 

P.S I have been looking at Eugenix and Dr. Arocha and they seem to be a great option.

IMG_20220430_004752308-min.png

IMG_20220430_005315039.png

IMG_20220430_005332964.png

IMG_20220430_005624152.png

IMG_20220430_011653277.png

IMG_20220430_012006506.png

IMG_20220430_005232437.jpg

You don't require a hair transplant at all. If you are experiencing hair loss then you can go for medications. Please do not go for a transplant.

• Thanks 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

You do not require a hair transplant based on those images. Perhaps if the lighting is changed and you can demonstrate clear hair loss then we can maybe reevaluate and help. 

Right now, you can take Finasteride if you like pre-emptively to maybe stave off any progression of hair loss, but the ONLY thing i'm seeing in your pictures is the corner of your temporal areas is maturing into the more "M shaped" look rather than the more rounded Juvenile corners your hairline has which is considered 100% normal. 

Keep an eye on your hair if you are concerned about hair loss and have a family history with it whilst using Finasteride but you do NOT need a hair transplant at all right now. Hopefully you never will if you can maintain that hairline. It's literally a perfect looking natural Norwood 0 most would say. 

8 minutes ago, HDTV2022 said:

Thank you for your answers, I think my pictures might have been terrible and were misleading. I am now posting pictures from 1 year ago when i tried to grow out my hair. 

IMG_20210203_154635085.jpg

IMG_20210203_154645091_MP.jpg

Those look like hair loss pictures but the ones you originally posted seem to show you are not experiencing what we would typically see as male hair loss. 

Are you on Finasteride? 

HDTV,

I think it’s good that you are here researching your hair restoration options before simply jumping the gun.  It’s also good that you are being more consistent now and you’re on both finasteride and minoxidil and have been for the last year.  How have they been working for you? Are you still losing hair or has the progression of male pattern baldness stopped or at least slowed down?

It’s hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like you are like possibly a diffuse thinner.

You are also only 23 years of age and while cases can be made for young individuals undergoing hair transplant surgery, I suggest giving the medication another year or two to see if they work in helping to reverse the thinning process.  If so, you may not need as many grafts to achieve your hair restoration goals.  If not, you’ll then have a better idea as to what you’ll need to do both short term and long-term to achieve the desired result.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

HDTV,

OK I just saw your last post showing better photos with your hair grown out a bit. Yes, I can see that you’re experiencing a bit more hair loss than I originally thought. That said, it’s still possible that finasteride and minoxidil may help to reverse the process somewhat if you are on them consistently. Have they helped at all in the last year?

Also, do you have any photos showing the hair on the sides and back of your scalp with your hair grown out a little? With your hair shorter, it looks like the donor area may be a little thin, which will ultimately impact the number of follicular units that can be safely harvested and used for hair transplant surgery in the future.

My ultimate advice is still the same as above however, if you can present photos of your donor area and let us know how medication has been working for you over the last year, and that would also be helpful in providing additional advice.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

You are young and you have pretty agressive diffuse thinning. 

You should not rush into transplant. 

Definitely try medication first. 

Finasteride is good for maintenance although too weak to give you enough thickening.

The following protocol should stabilize your loss and give you  1 out of 5 chances of thickening your native miniaturized hairs sufficiently to the point that you avoid transplant. 

-Dutasteride 0.5mg daily. 2.5mg is even better since it supress scalp DHT up to 90+ %. 

-Oral minoxidil 2.5 to 5mg daily 

-Topical topilutamide (fluridil- eucapil),  RU58841 or CB0301 aka winlevi.  Fluridil is the best option. 

-Nizoral ketoconazol (2-3 times per week, leave it 10min) 

Check out Kevin Mann & MorePlatesMoreDates. 

There are some more extreme drugs such as oral estradiol, spironolactone, bicalutamide  that could reverse and regrow totally your miniaturized hairs but these are definitely not viable options and you should never use them unless you are looking to transition.

Discuss Dutasteride & oral minox with your doctor first. Add fluridil or RU on top of it. Give it AT LEAST 6 months. 

If you see no regrowth then start saving for a hair transplant. Make sure you do a TON of research. Don't rush into surgery. Even some recommended clinics have subpar results. 

-FUT: Hasson & Wong for North America and Hattingen for Europe 

-FUE: Couto, Lorenzo, Zarev, Freitas, Fereira, Pinto, Ximena Vila, Bisanga are the best options for Europe

For US most FUE surgeons recommended surgeons on this forum are good but a lot more expensive. 

By all means stay away from turkish hairmills such as Cinik, Serkan, Balwi, Cosmedica, Hair of Istanbul etc etc...

They will destroy your limited donor area, give you poor growth on the recipienr area and may even destroy your native miniaturized hairs. 

All the best and good luck.