Progaine Shampoo

Was in the local CVS the other day and came across this Progaine shampoo - "from the scientists at Rogaine". Looked interesting so I thought I would try it. Bought the "2 in 1" flavor - shampoo and conditioner. Claims to make your hair look thicker anyway. Think I paid 6 or 7 bucks for a 12 oz bottle.

Been using it for a few days now and it DEFINATELY lives up to its claims. Makes my hair look much fuller than any shampoo I've been using of late. Not trying to promote it, just sharing what I believe to be a decent "enhancement" for very little investment. Your mileage may vary. Website:

Progaine Shampoo

Chaos, panic and disorder...my work here is done.

Maybe just some marketing gimick by associating the product with the "scientists" of Rogaine.

I'm pretty sure the website is clear on this NOT being a substitute. For me, a decent shampoo/enhancer. I don't use Rogaine.

• 2 months later...

Progaine has a root lifter also, that works sort of like mouse but doesn't make your hair feel gross. It works pretty well, but you've got to have some hair... I can do the "Motley Crue" look with it.

I've tried progain when it first came out at the same time I started rogain-- about 7 years ago. I stayed on progain for about 5 years before going to Nioxin which has been better for me. With Progain I didnt noticed anything different but with Nioxin I noticed thicker/smoother hair.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Progaine shampoo is wonderful! But I just went to purshase another bottle and its no where to be found

I am in Florida

I originally got it at CVS but they dont seem to have there anymore

I have looked on line for it and all the websits that sell seem to be sold out

Any suggestions on where I can get it?

thaks

Great Reviews! I'll have to check out Progaine. I have been looking for a new affordable shampoo and this sounds like a decent one (hopefully I can find it lol). Have you heard of the marketing review site, ExpoTV? It's a cool site where you can make money by posting video reviews. The marketing company I work for is actually running a campaign for them. It is great for learning about new product's you are interested in and you can also win some prizes along with cash by reviewing products that you own. You can check it out here: http://tinyurl.com/4zxovz

• 1 month later...

I completely agree with the benefits of progaine. I really liked it. but as was mentioned I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore. I used to get it at bed bath and beyond but it's been discontinued there. Anybody know anything about it? Is there something wrong with it?

I just called rogaine and they said the conditioner was discontinued for marketing reasons. I don't know what that means. But you can still buy the shampoo on their site. I personally need the conditioner much more. I think that's what really helped me out.

• 2 weeks later...

Try Revita , a bit pricey but it is good stuff and has Ketoconazole which has shown some marginal hairloss benefits ..Its a good shampoo in my opinion as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketoconazole

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 1 month later...