Scheduled HT with Dr Das@Eugenix

vancan

Hello Everyone,

I am new to group, but have been following the posts since long time as a guest. I am 32 years old  and my hair started thinning from 2018(Started from the crown area). Had a video consultation with Dr Arika during the covid time and couldn’t travel to India due to flight cancellations. I recently heard good reviews about Dr PriyaDarshini Das and i have scheduled my procedure with her at Eugenix on May 22nd and 23rd. I was quoted 4200 grafts(Frontal scalp 2500-2700 to crown 1500-1700). I am excited and nervous, will share all my updates in this thread. 

FAB93F89-822B-4269-9DA2-440DB9C0B685.jpeg

91E2AE61-758D-4022-B050-395B8DE9244A.jpeg

• Like 3

You are in very safe hands with Dr Das! She's been producing great results and have no doubt that based on your needs she would knock the ball out of the park for you! Excited for you and your upcoming procedure and look forward to following your progress closely. This forum loves to see monthly updates if you can stay consistent with that.

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MazAB said:

You are in very safe hands with Dr Das! She's been producing great results and have no doubt that based on your needs she would knock the ball out of the park for you! Excited for you and your upcoming procedure and look forward to following your progress closely. This forum loves to see monthly updates if you can stay consistent with that.

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

thanks alot @MazAB for your words. Yes, I will be posting my updates here regularly

• Like 1

Looking forwards to your journey vancan. I'm actually there myself and having my procedure with Dr Das on the 19th May. So maybe we'll bump into each other! 

I also heard great things about Dr Das and that's why i felt mote comfortable to go with her since like you i was unable to travel during COVID-19 and Dr Arika Bansal was no longer on the Exclusive Package. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Looking forwards to your journey vancan. I'm actually there myself and having my procedure with Dr Das on the 19th May. So maybe we'll bump into each other! 

I also heard great things about Dr Das and that's why i felt mote comfortable to go with her since like you i was unable to travel during COVID-19 and Dr Arika Bansal was no longer on the Exclusive Package. 

Thanks @NARMAK. I will be reaching there 20th night and my procedure is on 22nd,23rd

17 hours ago, vancan said:

Hello Everyone,

I am new to group, but have been following the posts since long time as a guest. I am 32 years old  and my hair started thinning from 2018(Started from the crown area). Had a video consultation with Dr Arika during the covid time and couldn’t travel to India due to flight cancellations. I recently heard good reviews about Dr PriyaDarshini Das and i have scheduled my procedure with her at Eugenix on May 22nd and 23rd. I was quoted 4200 grafts(Frontal scalp 2500-2700 to crown 1500-1700). I am excited and nervous, will share all my updates in this thread. 

FAB93F89-822B-4269-9DA2-440DB9C0B685.jpeg

91E2AE61-758D-4022-B050-395B8DE9244A.jpeg

Thank you for sharing. We wish you the best of results!

• Thanks 1

Got my Visa today(applied Entry visa as i am Indian born Canadian resident), it took 8 business days. Took the blood tests from Canada and sent it to Eugenix and they were normal. So Everything is set for my travel on 19th.

Edited by vancan
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, vancan said:

Got my Visa today(applied Entry visa as i am Indian born Canadian resident), it took 8 business days. Took the blood tests from Canada and sent it to Eugenix and they were normal. So Everything is set for my travel on 19th.

Good luck to you! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vancan said:

Good job on getting it sorted and it's just all the other stuff to get ready now. 

I would recommend getting some shirts whilst you're there. Maybe a fair few just in case blood drops onto them. Open button sleeping wear and i've heard some people saying they have gotten aloe vera gel to help with itching in the donor area. 

Also, you should try and get a neck pillow that's probably got neck support on the side and back as well as maybe made from memory foam. I purchased mine via Amazon. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Good job on getting it sorted and it's just all the other stuff to get ready now. 

I would recommend getting some shirts whilst you're there. Maybe a fair few just in case blood drops onto them. Open button sleeping wear and i've heard some people saying they have gotten aloe vera gel to help with itching in the donor area. 

Also, you should try and get a neck pillow that's probably got neck support on the side and back as well as maybe made from memory foam. I purchased mine via Amazon. 

Can you link to a good pillow Narmak?

11 minutes ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Can you link to a good pillow Narmak?

Honestly, i just went on Amazon and typed in "memory foam neck pillow" and looked for something with a support around the sides and back of neck.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Travel-Pillow-Support-Sleeping-Airplane/dp/B07L4X8XSW/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=26XHBB4Z3MX5F&keywords=memory+foam+neck+pillow&qid=1651735603&sprefix=Memory+foam+neck%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-4

Not sure if links like this are allowed but basically something like this that you can tighten a bit too if loose. 

I plan to try and sleep upright on like a lounge chair or similar for a while using this for the first 7-10 days. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Reached Hotel, Everything is smooth as of now. Thanks to all co ordination and help from Satyam and Rishab. Everything is right in place right from airport pick by a driver and Checkin at Double tree hotel was smooth. I will be picked up by a Eugenix Driver at 10:30am tomorrow and looking forward for it.Will probably meet @NARMAK if possible, as i checked in late at hotel didn’t want to bother him.

One concern may be though is i tried to make the payment for the procedure online just before my travel with, the transfer is still processing for some reason, not sure if it is due to weekend. will have to discuss with eugenix tomorrow and sort it out.  when i made a deposit initially during the consultation it was straight forward and only took may be 10 minutes.

Edited by vancan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, vancan said:

Reached Hotel, Everything is smooth as of now. Thanks to all co ordination and help from Satyam and Rishab. Everything is right in place right from airport pick by a driver and Checkin at Double tree hotel was smooth. I will be picked up by a Eugenix Driver at 10:30am tomorrow and looking forward for it.Will probably meet @NARMAK if possible, as i checked in late at hotel didn’t want to bother him.

One concern may be though is i tried to make the payment for the procedure online just before my travel with, the transfer is still processing for some reason, not sure if it is due to weekend. will have to discuss with eugenix tomorrow and sort it out.  when i made a deposit initially during the consultation it was straight forward and only took may be 10 minutes.

Hey, welcome to India! 

I'm actually still burning the midnight oil and okay to have a quick meet up if you would like to do so. Just shoot me a PM! We'll exchange room and phone numbers. :)

• Like 2

It was nice meeting @NARMAK today. He is such a positive energy and talked to him calmed my nerves.

As per procedure i concerned everything went smooth. will share a detailed experience soon. on Day 1, 2090 grafts were planted out of 4300 grafts. tommorow crown and temple work will be done along with some front hairline. Attaching some images for now which i have taken, will probably share more once i get them from Eugenix.

Once i thank @NARMAK for all the tips and support related to post op care.

DBD664B4-F2A2-49C9-995B-30445099912B.jpeg

7FA47162-134E-453C-A497-D4BD72872A76.jpeg

21F91D5C-C27F-4399-A17C-6B037733C50F.jpeg

69770DD1-4AFB-422E-A98D-425485AA589F.jpeg

72AB8A5C-E26E-4720-9755-034E7896BBF8.jpeg

507767C7-D3FA-436D-AF4C-8201E38CEA5C.jpeg

• Like 4

It was a pleasure to meet and talk with you! Happy to have helped in amy small way i could. 

Wishing you all the best for Day 2 and getting some good sleep. The work done so far looks impeccable and i'm sure you will get a stellar result in 12 months time! 

12 hours ago, vancan said:

It was nice meeting @NARMAK today. He is such a positive energy and talked to him calmed my nerves.

As per procedure i concerned everything went smooth. will share a detailed experience soon. on Day 1, 2090 grafts were planted out of 4300 grafts. tommorow crown and temple work will be done along with some front hairline. Attaching some images for now which i have taken, will probably share more once i get them from Eugenix.

Once i thank @NARMAK for all the tips and support related to post op care.

DBD664B4-F2A2-49C9-995B-30445099912B.jpeg

7FA47162-134E-453C-A497-D4BD72872A76.jpeg

21F91D5C-C27F-4399-A17C-6B037733C50F.jpeg

69770DD1-4AFB-422E-A98D-425485AA589F.jpeg

72AB8A5C-E26E-4720-9755-034E7896BBF8.jpeg

507767C7-D3FA-436D-AF4C-8201E38CEA5C.jpeg

Thank you for your update.

Some updates

Day 2 Post Op :

Total Grafts : 4370

Coverage : Frontal, Crown and Temple

Yet to get the pics from Clinic, I am going to be staying here for a week post op and visiting clinic everyday to get the Donor wash done

C423E003-1F74-44D2-A0CC-E0062C4100F7.jpeg

B12B7108-2E20-43C0-8E4F-B0458679122B.jpeg

2F6CA57B-2B9F-44A9-B4D0-CE1D851898D0.jpeg

CBEBEE0A-3933-488F-9D40-58C96ED8A3B2.jpeg

Edited by vancan
  • Like 2

Some tips from side

1) if you are planning to stay for more days post op (like 7 days in my case) so try to carry more clothes if possible until your stay as laundry is quite expensive at Double tree.They charge for each individual units. Double tree has shared the price list to me for laundry and i wasn’t careful in reading it. I would have easily  got an extra day at the hotel with the amount i paid for laundry😂😳. Its definitely was mistake from my end and should have read/understand the price list more carefully. Even the receptionist was shocked seeing that amount😂. The manager understood the situation and offered some discount

2) as long as you are staying at double tree you should be fine without universal adapter, but would highly recommend buying one if you are switching hotels. also make sure your phone fully charged when you land, Driver/pick up services will contact you on whatsap. I faced an issue in the past wherein my phone was dead, and couldn’t find universal charging slots(not even USB). i had to buy a an adapter from a shop thats open at that time and it was quite expensive. This time my phone was fully charged before landing.

3) for food other than the complimentary breakfast, i ordered food from restaurant inside the double tree few times(they do the room service). Uber eats in India is acquired by Zomato, I have used zomato to order food from outside, but while signing up you will receive a text for activation, As i don't have a Indian number i had to use get the code on Canadian number(was on roaming initial few days, i was charged 15$/day from my cellular network). If you are planning to order food from outside, you have to pick it from reception(Double tree wont allow the outside delivery guys to drop at room due to security reasons).

4) as for paying for the procedure is concerned, this was only part which i faced some issues during my whole trip and it was an issue from the money transfer service(remitly from Canada) that i choose to  do bank transfer.I planned to do bank transfer just before my travel as the exchange rate is better by bank transfer and also to avoid the credit card fees. My procedure was on Sunday,Monday and i transferred money to eugenix on Friday just before the holiday hours. Initially when i paid to deposit to confirm the procedure, i used the same set of details and transfer went fine (amount for deposit was less). usually gets deposited in 5-10mins. It turned out that  for the current transaction, the money was deducted from my account and was in review the whole time for almost couple of days until the day of procedure as it says its waiting on receipent bank(HDFC) to accept the deposit. I have been on calls with the transfer service company the whole time and they said it was an issue with Recipient bank to accept and being a weekend it might be taking more time than usual.I  explained the situation with people at Eugenix on the day of procedure and they are very supportive and i showed them the screenshots of money getting deducted and they understood the situation

Actual issue and resolution : The reason for this transaction to get on hold is because the reason code i chose for the money transfer wasn’t correct which i didn't realize as it worked fine for the first time during deposit. Remitly(transfer service which i chose from Canada) only have few reason codes that a sender can use to send Money(like personal, family reasons, investment etc). As this is a medical procedure and money is being sent to business/organization(Recipient i s Eugenix hair) and not a person, there is  no matching reason code for the transfer. The reason code which i chose was not accurate and So the recipient bank has deemed this transaction as suspicious and put it on hold. So i have to cancel the transaction for which the refund usually takes 3-10 business days. I decided to cancel the transaction and pay with the credit cards(multiple) as i cannot wait for the refund to process.I ended up paying may be 300$ odd extra due to credit card fee and also exchange rate difference. Eugenix team was really supportive especially Rajat.

5. You can use uber for rides(which is quite cheap, I used the canadian account without any issues). But most of the time as i was resting at hotel whole 7 days, Eugenix provides you pick up and drop off every day for your daily donor dressing and airport trasfers
6. For US you might require a covid test on your return. I am travelling tonight via US and Satyam(my Concierge) arranged a covid test today at hotel(800Rs INR), a person will be coming to take the test

Edited by vancan
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, vancan said:

After first head wash,Almost 70-80% of scabs came off. There are still some scabs on the frontal area and temples

158D7391-57DA-4866-93EB-608273E73552.jpeg

88BC1461-42BD-4B83-A669-B38D52BA9128.jpeg

1BA9C760-F489-44E5-A8D1-554B11CF4DF9.jpeg

9055FD20-BBE1-4E51-9BFE-9692D36585B0.jpeg

Looking great so far with the hairline design and temple points. I think once it grows out, you'll be very pleased. 

It was a pleasure meeting you and following your journey here's definitely going to be great to see. 

Just now, NARMAK said:

Looking great so far with the hairline design and temple points. I think once it grows out, you'll be very pleased. 

It was a pleasure meeting you and following your journey here's definitely going to be great to see. 

Thanks Kamran. Yes, looking forward to it.