Hair growth after FUE

1 hour ago, Walker Paper said:

Hello guys, which month after your surgery have you noticed the most hair growth?

Although i haven't had my surgery yet, the most common trend is the 4th month onwards is when growth starts. The "Ugly Duckling" phase of shedding usually happens for Months 2 and 3.

• Valued Contributor

It's going to vary from person to person due to many factors. Some people are early growers and some are not. I'm at 3 months and I have noticed a big jump of growth in the past two weeks. The first two months I wouldn't worry about. Lots of thing need to occur also and that is healing of the scalp after the trauma of surgery and graft transplantation. All the best!

Walker,

New hair growth typically starts to occur 3 to 5 months after surgery. However, when I look back I probably experience the most obvious growth between 4 to 6 months.  In other words, hair grows all throughout but when the transplant hair starts to thicken and darken to be more like regular hair, that’s when the most noticeable difference occurs.  Of course, this happens at different times for everyone.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Can't tell you the number of patients I've visited with through the years, most questioning the results, soon after the procedure was completed.  I think most do not read pre and post op instructions.  Most see a matured result at 12 months.  Rarely up to 18 months.  Like other have already commented, this can vary from patient to patient. But eventually you will have the same quality you would find in the donor, as it is from there that the hair came from.  Oh but wait!

Experience is HUGE.  If the transplants were placed diffusely throughout the whole head, it would lead to a diffused look.  I'd bet you would be questioning results then.  

How about the patient that's not doing any type of medical therapy to help them with retention of the native hair? This patient would have to continue doing grafts just to replace the ongoing loss.  

So, there are many components involved.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.